.svq

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by Durden, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Durden

Durden New Member

I have done everything I can think of, from contacting roland to posting on sonar forum, but can't get any satisfaction. Is there no way to use sonar to work with my files.

Tried Geibler, even started constructing my own Fantom user definition. Got almost all the patch names in then, sonar only allows 0-127 but in the GM2 group of the Fantom there are 256 so what I am suppose to do????

I got the XP-50 user definition from the cakewalk site but that didn't work. Still says .svq unrecognized format???

Any suggestions???

I really don't want to redo all my work.

:flamemad: :flamemad:
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Posted by Sammy James (from: 66.31.67.106) on March 27, 2003 at 02:16:16:

In Reply to: Re: coverting SVQ to MIDI posted by Stephain Davis on October 16, 2002 at 13:48:53:

Dear Carlos and Stephain:

The only way that I know of to easily convert this file format into a *.mid file is to manually insert the song into a Roland sequencer (via floppy or a SysEx dump from your computer) and to then use a Disk Save utility on the Roland sequencer to save the file into the Standard MIDI File format.

There MAY be some software for the PC that lets you do this as well. Judging by the number of apparent posts on this topic that I got when doing the search that brought me to this page, I'd say that it is even likely. But I don't know for sure. I only know about my own experience with the Roland MC-80 (experience that is extensive) so don't quote me on this...

Sammy James
    sammy@sammyjames.com
    http://www.sammyjames.com

Copyright © Hitsquad Pty Ltd 1995 - 2004 All rights reserved.
    http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/58/wwwboard/messages/416.html