Synchronization with samples

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by VUELTI, Oct 26, 2002.

1. VUELTI

VUELTI New Member

What's the best source for synchronization in VST?I have a lot of problems when I sequence both midi and audio tracks, the behaviour is sometimes different.Thanx
  2. skippy

skippy New Member

Check to make sure Where your master clock is coming from. If you have a Sequencer and any digital audio hardware youy must have one be the master and the other be the slave. Typically your software will chase to digital tape like ADAT or DA-88 via it's BRC or remote control multi-pin's connection to the recorders. In my case Performer locks to ADAT via sample accurate sync connection to the computer's ADAT port. Your sample rate is also critical because if you are trying to play back different samples at different sample frequencies (ie. 44.1 or 48k) ADAT sytems are always at 48 so if you are trying to sync to samples at 44 they will play back faster! Everything else should be an issue of the MIDI set-up in terms of older units that might be slower in their response time or some sort of MIDI loop or just plain bad timing during the playing. Hope this helps.
  3. DAVE ILL

DAVE ILL New Member

that helped out thanks bro