System Exclusive Banks

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by Jack, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Jack

Jack New Member

Does anyone know if and or how to shut off and turn on exclusive banks? sometimes the banks that songs use are..well not what I'm looking for and I would like to select a new instrument. What seems to happen that I can select a new instrument and play the song save it and all but when I come back to it the next time it plays the original instrument or changes back to the way it was before I changed it.
    I don't know if this makes sense but if there is a way to set these banks on or off I would like to know. I am using Cake walk software 3.0

:confused2
  2. Stilcrazy

Stilcrazy Just a Regular Midi Guy

Sounds like you may be inserting a program change after the original bank and/or program change. Then when you go back to the song it reverts to the original sound. Try deleting any bank changes and program changes and then insert your new program changes. I hope this helps ...
  3. Jack

Jack New Member

Yeh I think you are right. I tried to insert:/Bank/Patch Change and I can change the sound to anything I have available and once I delete the original sound (and save it) the new sound seems to stay, it seems to work.
    Thanks
  4. Stilcrazy

Stilcrazy Just a Regular Midi Guy

You are welcome ... it is always nice to have fellow Canucks on the board ... hope you stick around ... there is alot to offer here