Tempo Glitch

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by bluesplayer, Sep 22, 2002.

1. bluesplayer

bluesplayer New Member

Occasionaly during a midi file the speed of the track will slow down and then go back to normal . The tempo is set to one speed , ie 120 bpm . I cannot fathom this out . I use cubase VST 32 V4. everything else works normal . This is very annoying especially when burning a finished tune to CD. I think this could be more hardware related ? . Im using Win 98 SE with a S B Live card , 400 meg ram , and run at 500mghz.Any help you know off gladly appreciated
  2. shremmer

shremmer New Member

maybe the problem lies within your Windows 98 version? There may be some hardware/software incompatibilities. :borg:
  3. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

could be a polyphony issue....
    Don't forget most instruments are multi layered....
    what are you using for your sound source? A VST instrument?

How are you actually doing the recording....A little bit more info Maybe needed to fathom this out.

Dave
  4. bluesplayer

bluesplayer New Member

More Info

Im using a Yamaha MU100 Tone Generator . Like i said this is a weird problem . Imagine playing a simple midi tune in Cubase at 120 bpm , then for no apparent reason it slows , then corrects it self . Im really baffled .......
  5. playhouse

playhouse New Member

Have you tried re-installing cubase and also make sure you shut down all background tasks......
    Has this problem always existed or is it something new....have you installed something or removed software prior to this problem occuring?
  6. -Mm-

-Mm- New Member

What speed is your computer? Sometimes slow comuters have trouble running midis smoothly all the way through...
  7. bluesplayer

bluesplayer New Member

My pc is running at 500 mghz . This problem seems to come and go . Sometimes when it slows and im in the edit screen , Cubase whizzes off and crashes .I always shut down Nortin Anti Virus . I can live with this , but id rather not , if you know what i mean
  8. -Mm-

-Mm- New Member

I've always thought Nortin Anti Virus was dodgy. My friend had it on his laptop and it put it in all sorts of trouble...maybe it's only him though :p
    I would be interested to know whether they run smoothly when nortin is closed??
  9. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

I had similar issues on a school computer (a laptop loaner).... I control-alt-deleted and shut down one program at a time until I found what it was..... an HP printer program was the culprit. Might not be the same with yours, but the method should work.