The Cruel, Cruel Post War.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theARTiSAN, Oct 23, 2002.

1. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

My Official response to Kings plans to topple the reigning postmaster, and to all those who added the “you’ll never catch him…”, “…Art would have a way of getting back at you…”:

Between King and Artisan, it appears there is some sort of terrible battle over the crown of the MIDIBuddy Board reigning Post Champion...
    I, personally, am not viewing this as a contest at all. It's not a race with me. It's not just a simple matter of the total number of posts that makes the sum of how "much" a person contributes, or how valuable he/she is in this community.
    It's how many requests they filled, how many new midis they've brought to or sequenced for the board, how much advise and help they give to members, how much life they add by simply being around.
    There are members I take my hat off to every day who have 1/10 the number of posts I do, but have shared tons of files and make me laugh (my ass off). They are no less valuable on this board than I am, regardless of the fact I have over a 1000 more posts than they do.
    It’s not about the quantity, it’s about the quality. And I’m sure if I deleted all the posts off the board that weren’t quality posts I’d STILL be kicking your ASS King!!!
    J/K

Everyone here makes the board better – it’s more than just posting a million times, it’s about bringing more life to the board :: looking for a tissue ::
    We are all working toward the same goal of having the best community in the world. Some members' names glow, some members have animated avatars and some members have a stone-throw from 2000 posts - all of us big an small make up this community. And I must say that this Community ROCKS, We Rock and we should all be pretty damn proud of ourselves - 1000 posts or not!:thumbsup:
  2. mrrincewind2000

mrrincewind2000 grand midi pubah

here here, artisan,

i only have about 5000 files, but they are all older shit, so i can only help out the handful of peops that want older shit, but i still try.

don't lose sight of what this board was intended for,

thats all.
  3. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

:: sniff sniff::
    :: passes a big box of tissue to theartisan::
    :: sniff sniff::

Great speech theartisan, BTW if you haven't noticed I also slowed down in posting, I'm still 400 posts away and it's proably going to stay there for a while. Back to the topic, my little contest is to have some fun on the board. That's it. Artisan I have to agree that everyone has their own place on the board, like when you were gone art, the board was like a war torn country. If a key memeber of this board disappear it would be very different. Say flea goes away for a few, we would miss him and everyone would want to know what happened to him because this has become sort of an extended family. We tend to share experiences like friends and share how we are feeling like we are family.

BTW I'll overtake the throne one day, but let me be teary eyed for a day and I'll be back to my post whore self. :thumbsup:

BTW I would take out MB$ but, I'm trying to overtake you in that too artisan so I better keep as much as I can.
  4. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

the board is intended for people to talk about midi's and music, etc. With all the different forums we can chat and talk about what we know in our little own area of expertise.
  5. theARTiSAN

mrrincewind - I've seen your contributions here. Thanks - you're one of the good guys.

Oh I know, I know King - I know it's all in fun :D
    I just used you as an excuse, because it's been a little while since I gave a :: takes a tissue :: motivational speech on the boards.
    :: honk, honk ::
    Sorry to use you like that ;)

My hat's off to you King - I don't think I could STEAL enough time in a month to post over 1000 times :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2002
  6. theARTiSAN

P.S. This board was also supposed to be directing some traffic to the MIDIHUB - - buuuuut, there's STILL never enough other people on when I am...
    :: packs bags - moves to Australia ::
  7. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

Theartisan I would join you once I finish getting everything ready for reformatting. I have DC already installed a long while ago, it's on XP but IE 6 is so messed up on it that I can't surf the web. Trying to gather everything that I would need from 2 operating sytems is horable espcially when I've used them both for the same amount of time. I'll proably get everything done by 2004, or I just might scrap this sucker and build a new one, but still gotta back up data. I would join everyone on DC once I get everything resetup.
  8. sarahqt

sarahqt Super Cutie

Well done to everybody who is posting a packet!
  9. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

I always get a connection timeout on the hub!!
  10. Raven

Raven New Member

I think that this war is much more entertaining than any other war that I've seen
  11. theARTiSAN

King - I use a milti-drive/multi-partition set up, Dual boot with Win2k/Linux Mandrake. I have a seperate drive (aside from C: or my Linux Boot partition) that I store everything that is not a system file or installed proggy file. All my Midis, Music, Studio Sessions, Letters, Email, Letters, Warez, etc. are all stored off my main "working partitions".
    This way, if I need to reinstall OS (which I usually do once a year for the hell of it, not because I need to) It literally a couple hours to install OS and all proggies. Very easy, and I never have to dig around for anything - just wipe C:\ and giggle.

Ronny - The Hub was down for a few days before Dave came back - lost internet connection or something, but is back up now.

Raven - Kinda like "War of the Roses", huh?

<GUYS> As a side note - I really would like to see more people on the HUB. Please send your applications (ha ha) to Lostdave or Me!
  12. Raven

Raven New Member

The war of the roses had a lot of thorns, and red petals everywhere....it was too messy. This is fun to watch and no one gets seriously hurt.
  13. dstruct2k

dstruct2k New Member

quite honestly, i almost gave up on the hub! no other people online, and so it became a waste of my time. i think ill get back on there tonight.... :thumbsup:
  14. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

AS both myself and art have said in the past...if you are connected to the internet.....connect to the hub...

it eats very little of your bandwidth and you then have a higer chance of "running" into the other peeps there...
    We are all scattered around the globe so there is always going to be the timezone issue....but i think there are enuf people from each time zone that if you connect...there should be at least one other person to chat/share with.

Dave
  15. sarahqt

sarahqt Super Cutie

i think we should just stop with the postin war, and just have fun! Oh wait, what am i on about? keep it up guys!!
  16. theARTiSAN

It's all fun...
    You figure with all the massive post wars going on (by those dirty, filthy post whores) that there would be several people on the HUB at any given time ;)
  17. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

Art I need to repartition because I have a operating system installed that I never use, and it's hogging up space, and my partitions are too small to install things on, I ussually pass the 10GB mark per OS. ANd i only have 10GB allocated to each partition. I also need to clean up my second hard drive, there is stuff in there I don't need.

I will once I get done. And I used to leave my computer on all the time, but I'm cutting back because electricity is getting more expensive.
  18. mrrincewind2000

i would like to become a post whore but i cannot junk post that much!!!!!

just kidding
  19. mrrincewind2000

so being a post whore is youir area of expertise is is???????

i think there is something in that for all of us
  20. theARTiSAN

King - Don't know what you use for your partition work, but I've always used Power Quest PartitionMagic Pro 7.
    Easy to use, powerful and very flexible - I'm sure at least familiar with it... There's a new version (8) out now, but I haven't grabbed it yet.