The Sims & Sims 2

Discussion in 'Computers' started by KingXII, Dec 24, 2002.

?

Do you like "The SIMs or don't play at all?

1. I love the game! I just can't get enough of it! I have to get every expansion there is!

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. Quite addicting, tends to get pretty expensive over time.

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. I enjoy the game it's tends to take me away from reality for a short period of time.

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. It's ok, I play from time to time to pass the time.

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  5. I play it on someone's computer and I play because I'm bored.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. I don't like it, I'm busy enough with my own life as it is and I don't have time to worry about some

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  7. Sims? I play some real games (FPS or shoot em up etc.)

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  8. Never played or heard of it in my life.

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  9. Kill them ALL! Mwahahahaha!

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. sarahqt

sarahqt Super Cutie

You just did this thread to get more MB didnt you King! I knew it! lol
  2. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Nahhhh - I have to defend him..... he started it because we got off on a SIMs tangent elsewhere and Mr. SuperMod felt guilty that he needed to split the thread on us.....
  3. jeaniesing

And back to the SIMs.... I haven't expanded anything.... mostly because I bought it as a gift to my hubby 2 years ago.... but ~~maybe~~ there was a bit of a selfish motive?? And since he never plays.... I kinda don't want to admit that the game was ~~maybe~~ a little for me too (by buying ungrades/expansions)..... Am I nuts?? Ohhhh - I already know what you'll say.... ;)
  4. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

hehe
    jeanie yeah the expansions just make it that much better, hmmm the best expansions to get in my opinion is unleashed and vacation
  5. egrogsacul

egrogsacul New Member

Yay for real games, the best games ever are the no one lives forever series!!!
  6. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

i play other games but it the sims that gets me hooked after i take a break from it
  7. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

We got the Unleashed expansion, but took it back. It was too buggy, and virtually heartbreaking to see so many strays that you couldn't take in. Vacation and Hot Date are quite fun, though.
  8. jeaniesing

What I'd like to have is the one that allows me the most "stuff".... since I don't actually play the game, just build-outfit-test the houses..... New textures, new furniture items.... y'know what I mean? More than that even I'd love to design the textures/furniture items then be able to put them in play - but I'm guessing that that's an all-consuming hobby (based on others' sites that I've seen) and I already have MIDIBuddy for that! ;)
  9. dan0311

dan0311 New Member

sims good. fire bad.
  10. djussy J

djussy J New Member

It's surporisingly eacy to make your own objects from existing ones. All you need is a good graphics prgoram like PSP or Adobe and you're set! I created a chalk board from the easel, so that as the SIMS use it, they increase their logic. It took about half an hour to do.
  11. djussy J

djussy J New Member

How dyslexic is my typing!
  12. GC_RiOt_GiRL

GC_RiOt_GiRL Princess Megzie

I have the sims, the sims house party, the sims livin' large and the sims unleashed seeing as I love dogs so much I just had 2 get that but the dogs can b annoying some times and that annoyin squairral or what ever it is always goes in the trash and wakes up the sims like in 3:00 in the morning and he keeps on comin back.
  13. jeaniesing

Did you create several different views? Is there an instruction page somewhere on the topic?
  14. djussy J

djussy J New Member

I downloaded a few free ware programs. You need to have a program called The Sims Transmogrifier. It's available for free on a lot of web pages (can't think of them right now). It gives you a tutorial that shows you how to turn the Pink Flamingo in to a green one. After that, you know how to convert heaps of thngs.
  15. djussy J

djussy J New Member

Another good one is called Elisims. It lets you edit your families (Money, Job, Star Sgns, Characterisitics, etc), and I think you can move families between neighbourhoods with this one.
  16. netsendjoe

netsendjoe New Member

yeah i kinda notice that if I play Sims enough I have begun to accept that working sucks but i need the money to buy cool things.
  17. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

yeah the sims need to work everyday unless you cheat
    BTW sims can work every other day without getting fired
    oh having a baby does not mean one of your sims will be fired
    have one with the most energy look after the baby one day and have the other work then do the reverse the next day and reverse it again
    babies cause a huge drain on needs so work on getting your sim's needs up after 3 days of caring for a baby.

BTW i think cats are better pets they can do more that is helpful like taking care of mice.

yes having two dogs or two cats will be hard because they will fight at the begining but after a week in sims days they will get friendlier.
  18. princessshar

princessshar New Member

Sims is a freaking good game
  19. djussy J

djussy J New Member

Have you guys tried making gnomes? I had a family of five people who spent all day being unemployed and making gnomes! They would earn about $2500 (25 gnomes @ $100 ea) on a good day. That way you can have all the family at home, they can sleep when they want and before you know it you have thousands of dollars without using a single cheat.
  20. jeaniesing

Hmmmmmm - how d'ya get that opportunity?? ;)