The Sims & Sims 2

Discussion in 'Computers' started by KingXII, Dec 24, 2002.

?

Do you like "The SIMs or don't play at all?

1. I love the game! I just can't get enough of it! I have to get every expansion there is!

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. Quite addicting, tends to get pretty expensive over time.

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. I enjoy the game it's tends to take me away from reality for a short period of time.

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. It's ok, I play from time to time to pass the time.

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  5. I play it on someone's computer and I play because I'm bored.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. I don't like it, I'm busy enough with my own life as it is and I don't have time to worry about some

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  7. Sims? I play some real games (FPS or shoot em up etc.)

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  8. Never played or heard of it in my life.

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  9. Kill them ALL! Mwahahahaha!

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. djussy J

djussy J New Member

I think it comes with one of the expansion packs, either Livin Large or House Party. You need to put in a woodworking table. When they start they only get a $1 or so for their first few, but as their mechanical skill increases, they make more money. All five ni my family are unemployed. One knows how to cook and the rest know how to build gnomes and party.

It makes it easier to have kids too, as someone is always going to be awake!
  2. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

uh i think it's part of the house party or living large expansion
    hmmm i haven't hit 100 posts in a day in a long time looks like i'll make it today again
  3. djussy J

djussy J New Member

What's the tally so far King?
  4. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

85 or so
    i'be been on MB all day modding the request forum i'm tired now going to go read now.
  5. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Go to bed.... or you'll be like one of those SIMs who falls over in their tracks!
  6. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

it's only 9:20 here
    remember i'm on the west coast :D
  7. wilthejedi

wilthejedi New Member

I got nothin against the SIMs, but i'd much rather play a game that requires a bit more thought and a challenge. I agree with egrogsacul, unless the main character in a game has a serious chance of death, or the game has a good plot, the game isn't really worth my time.

wil
  8. DarkHawkie

DarkHawkie New Member

I'm still looking to get Unleashed and Vacation. Don't know if they're worth it after Hot Date.

-HAWKSTA
  9. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

Well if you are looking for more lots than your 10 then go with unleashed you get 40+ lots to play with 10 community lots i believe and that totals 50 lots on just one map. Vacation is kinda like hot date except you can save while on vacation. Unleashed would be a better deal. You can have dates in downtown and old town if you get unleashed. You can invite one person on vacation since you have hot date or take the whole family.
  10. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

been here, read it can't believe it ...carry on .......lol
  11. Logix

Logix New Member

COUNTER STRIKE RULES :D Just got the CS 1.6 Steam Beta, WOOOOO!
  12. GC_RiOt_GiRL

GC_RiOt_GiRL Princess Megzie

I got santa to come to my sims house. This will only work if u have sims livin' large. Go 2 the build mode and buy a fire place. Then go 2 buy mode and buy a christmas tree, a end table and buy cookies and put them on the table near all near the fire place. Then wait 4 night and santa will come. He gets upset if u don't give him cookies k.
  13. GC_RiOt_GiRL

GC_RiOt_GiRL Princess Megzie

I have some cheats 4 the sims.....
    Hit CTRL - ALT - SHIFT - C then type in rosebud;;rosebud;; and hold enter down and it makes your money rise it says no such cheat but it still works.

For another Hit CTRL - ALT - SHIFT - C then type in MOVE_OBJECTS ON while you are in the buy mode and then you can delete your sims and press there heads on the life mode and they come back refreshed and happy.

I found a good sim website for cheats some don't work for me though
    http://www.lott.co.uk/simscheats.htm
  14. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

actually if you type rosebud;!;! (etc) and end it with : then hold enter you'll get tons of cash
  15. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

Newsflash
    The Sims 2 will be released in 2004. What is new is the fact the characters age, instead of just growing up from a baby to a child, each character goes through the child, teen, adult, elderly stages unless you start them off at the stage. I can't wait to buy it. Oh this is also to bring this thread from the gave ;)
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  16. MDniteStryKR

MDniteStryKR I'll come back to you when I'm dead! Staff Member Super Mod

Hmm..i bought it and a couple of expansion packs-unleashed, superstar, hot date and vacation...i was once really hooked on the game..
    well all my families are zillionaires and they've every luxury 'life' has to offer..

that was till i started with Grand Theft Auto:Vice City for PC..i found a whole new addiction and haven't touched the sims since i started that..hmm, around 4 months now..i doubt i'd buy Sims2 since i'm getting sick of it and well i'll be leaving for college next year and it'll take up loadsa space on the laptop i'm gonna get next year ;)
  17. NaDuHCoP

NaDuHCoP MIDI COP

I did get into this game for about...Ohh, let's see...an hour maybe, and decided it was a waste of time. If you play online, it's worse. You sit there next to other people and train your character to increase his skill levels.

I stopped playing, when I had to sit down in the game and type on a computer to gain more skill levels. I realized to myself, that I am sitting at my computer screen, watching my character in a game play on the computer...LoL - After that, I stopped playing.
  18. EmptyLine

EmptyLine New Member

I have the Sims for PS2, Im stuck on a level?!?
  19. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

When Death is announcing his visit I like to block all the doors with furniture or set a trap up at the front door with landscaping to trap him... :evil:
  20. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

I liked the nude patches too LOL!!!!!!!!!!