The Sims & Sims 2

Discussion in 'Computers' started by KingXII, Dec 24, 2002.

?

Do you like "The SIMs or don't play at all?

1. I love the game! I just can't get enough of it! I have to get every expansion there is!

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. Quite addicting, tends to get pretty expensive over time.

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. I enjoy the game it's tends to take me away from reality for a short period of time.

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. It's ok, I play from time to time to pass the time.

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  5. I play it on someone's computer and I play because I'm bored.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. I don't like it, I'm busy enough with my own life as it is and I don't have time to worry about some

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  7. Sims? I play some real games (FPS or shoot em up etc.)

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  8. Never played or heard of it in my life.

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  9. Kill them ALL! Mwahahahaha!

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

What I found out was that in sims1 under free will and say there were 3 needs that had to be taken care of, well the hard part was that they never take care of the need they needed most. In sims2 it's different that they actually take care of themselves pretty well.
  2. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

That certenly would make the game a little more challenging :p
  3. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

well but the hard part in sims2 is that you gotta fullfill their wants in a short amount of time.
  4. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

OMG, The other day, I think I caught a glitch.

Ok, so my person was swimming one day before she went to work. So she got out of the pool and was followed by a cloud of bubbles coming out of her butt.

I laughed my face off.
  5. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

Was that sims1 or 2?
  6. cpilot

cpilot New Member

Why did I read this? Now I'm getting tempted to buy Sims 2. I had given up on the game (Sims 1) when they made the interface/personality much more complicated somewhere in one of the too -many expansion packs.
  7. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

Sims 2.

Oh and I bought the urbz... it's not that bad. I like it.
  8. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

oh that was the hot date expansion pack. there is a daily and a lifetime relationship bar. The life time bar goes up/down by 3 every 6 sims hours in the direction of your daily relationship, when they get the same they both decay by 3. So if you leave taht relationship alone it'll drop to zero even if it's negative. To keep relationships going just give them a call and chat and taht gives enough of a boost to keep your relationships strong. The same system is implemented in sims2. I'm with you about it being more complicated but that's only after playing the less complicated one. Wel i'm used to it, it is pretty much like the old one but you don't make best friends in a sim day, 2 is doable if you play both of the houses.
  9. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

Yeah!!! I figured it out! Does anyone have any tips?
  10. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

Tips are to use body shop as if you were using the create a family function in sims2. Second if you're working on making clothes and modifying hair etc. Then you'll need to have a base exported (the program will do this for you) and use an imaging program to edit the skins. The largest issue stands on if you were to want to change the body shape (meshes) of your sim (non standard) you will need maya or other 3d software to edit. Maya is prefered because the body meshes were created in maya. Maya isn't easy to learn, so any 3d rendering program will help.
  11. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

What program do you suggest? And how much will it cost me? :eek:
  12. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Looking to get sims 2 shortly and I notice the expansion pack for university, can you get to play the person on motorbikes and zoom around campus or even chill like easy rider?
  13. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

well maya has a learning edition which is free but it does put a watermark on the mesh.

johnrowley well i don't know I haven't seen or played the actual university expansion pack. But one of the things that would come from the expansion pack is there's no limits to how many floors a person can build, ugh... the bad part is that if you played sims2 already anything higher than like the 5 floor, max right now, is a pain to play in because of the camera. I'll inform everyone once i get the university expansion pack.
  14. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

I have University!!!! So... if anyone has a question, feel free to ask.

Johnrowley, sorry, but there are no motorbikes in the game :sad:.

KingXII, thanks for the info. :)
  15. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

Yeah, I had University for a while, dorms are fun, oh oh and 2 story columns. It is pretty striking that university is so realistic, either the sims study all the time and get A's or the just slack off and get an ok passing grade. But I can't wait for nightlife :sad:
  16. MDniteStryKR

MDniteStryKR I'll come back to you when I'm dead! Staff Member Super Mod

whoa looks like i missed lots, by the time i bought sims2 university was already out
    but anyway i'm not a hardcore fan of sims..just do it to pass my time screwing up everone's lives haha :evil:

sims 2 is ok though, got the nude patch and 'anatomically correct' skins, i even made one of my own using Body Shop..can't find any adult objects so far, i think there isn't any yet

one thing i don't like is many wallpapers and floortiles are missing...i spend more time on interior design than in live mode anyway..and there are hacked objects that instantly max out their needs and aspiration meter here

so what's nightlife all about?
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  17. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

I only recently saw that there was a University version... yeah I have the so called "anatomically correct" versions... I did one of myself in BodyShop as well MD... :smart: (what does that say about us though) :laugh2: I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :smart: :laugh: been awhile since I played with Sims... I think I always had more fun designing than actually having them interact... (having that degree in architecture and all... and never truly doing much with it professionally until recently...) an' I always got myself in big trouble by seeing how many women I could get chasing after me at the same time! :smart: :lmao:
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  18. MDniteStryKR

MDniteStryKR I'll come back to you when I'm dead! Staff Member Super Mod

haha u too eh? not that i'm surprised :smart:
    but i can't help it, it runs in my blood haha, always has :p

heh heh yes me too...i'd have many crushes, fall in love with one, get engaged to another, and have woohoo's with all hahaha..just cuz i can't do that in real life without landing in a huge pile of trouble :lmao:
  19. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

...not that you haven't tried though eh? :smart: :lmao:
  20. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

nightlife is mainly about dating, so it's more like a hot date clone, but i believe there's going to be more to it that just that, Maxis always slips more stuff in.