The Ultimate Drum Sound

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by Bladez26, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Bladez26

Bladez26 New Member

Ok at the moment I'm using Sonar with HyperCanvas through a Soundblaster Extigy. Drums are good, but I want the best rock sound. I do a bit of tweaking and that helps. I also tried Natural Sounds drum kit, it's a real sample sound font (198 meg!!) but that slowed my computer up :-(

Just interested if anyone has any ideas in getting that "wall of sound" rock from a midi.
  2. mookate

mookate New Member

I've been looking for something similar myself and a friend of mine has promised to give me a copy of native instruments battery (VST plugin) which is supposed to be amazing for real drum sounds.

the reason your computer slowed up would be the horrible latency from your sound blaster.

they are the worst sound cards on the market for music production. all they are good at is playing cds!!!

i used to have one and tested its minimum latency against a really cheap (£10) c-media sound card. the bottom line is the cheap c-media did LOADS better.

i now use an ST Audio DSP24 value which was about £90 and i get less than 5ms latency from that. its fantastic.
  3. xavierhp

xavierhp New Member

how about with sonar software, using cakewalk, i have no bad experiences