Thinking About Avril

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by sgtbash, Jan 18, 2004.

1. sgtbash

sgtbash New Member

What do you think about this singer? I like her songs too
  2. mukino_kunek

mukino_kunek New Member

Alot of her songs are good. Really good. But she's not one of my favourites, and I wouldn't go to one of her concerts. . .

I heard she has her voice modified for the albums.
  3. 05thouldm

05thouldm New Member

I think the music of hers is really good but I never heard anything about her voice getting mixed.
  4. kuerbo

kuerbo New Member

I like some of the songs, i like the atitude, but the girl can't sing, that's a fact. I've heard lots of live stuf from her, and it stinks.

Cute girl though.
  5. kuerbo

kuerbo New Member

Oh, and don't waste your money buying the "Wy World" DVD, unless you REALLY like how shee looks, it's not worth it.
  6. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

I don't mind her. But i tickes me off when she sings live.
    She came to Toronto, and did a show on Much (Canada's MTV) and Don't Tell Me was horrible! She was off key, and she had her eyes shut and looked like she was drunk. She looked like she was giving no effort at all. And then she just didn't sing parts of songs. I mean, yes Avril can write a song, and she may actually try in the studio, but its not right for Avril to come to a show, where her fans have waited for at least 10 hours out in the rain to see her, and then she gives a crappy performance. So, I've lost alot respect for her.
  7. Murph

Murph New Member

Avril

Got to agree with most of you guys, some catchy songs, well produced but can`t hack it live. My daughter had me gone mad with her 2 albums until she heard her singing live from a recent-ish gig in Spain.............awfullllllllllllllll.
    Thankfully daughter has just discovered the 1st Undertones album that I happened to leave lying around.....
  8. mattjanzen

mattjanzen New Member

Hey all,
    Anyways, It's not just because I am Canadian that I think Avril Lavigne is awesome, but also truly because of her music. She has come such a long way over the last few years. Her music has matured in a sense which has made a huge impact on the music industry in both Canada an other places as well. Just look back at songs like "Complicated," which were not only overplayed on the radio networks, but the general context of that song, compared with some of the more mature tracks on her new album, "Under My Skin."

Peace,
    Matt.
    mattjanzen@4email.net
  9. vbrio

vbrio Lavander Lassie Staff Member Moderator

hi matt you should probably consider creating a signature for your account so you wont have to keep re-typing it

edit yourn profile in user cp
  10. spinduck

spinduck New Member

it's only a new pop star...
    (but without the attributes of britney and co :thumbsup: )