Tool

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by The JoZ, Nov 16, 2002.

1. The JoZ

The JoZ New Member

So yeah...kinda simple. Any big "Toolophiles" out there here? They have probably one of, if not *the* best sounds in rock today, they are just awesome to listen to. Course, try playing them on your respective instrument...can be quite a task to say the least
  2. Kazul

Kazul New Member

Tool is great. I saw them on tour just a couple weeks ago when they came by me.
  3. gabeisgeggy

gabeisgeggy New Member

Tool is definitely one of my favorite bands, but their last album, "lateralus" was quite a disappointment. It's definitely nowhere near as melodic and well structured as their previous albums. The drummer's getting too damn good and spends the entire time just trying to prove it. He needs to settle down. We all know he's ridiculous, there's no need for him to be playing a fill every 1.3 seconds.
  4. draccon

draccon New Member

Couldn`t agree more, i`ve covered 2 of their songs - & wow i`m a Guitarist of 12 years exp, but i had to work hard to ajust too their stye of playing, out of all the songs we played , i loved playing theirs the most.
    (i felt sorry for our drummer though, what a task!)
    TOOL ARE NUMBER ONE - NO CONTEST
  5. murder

murder New Member

id say they are the greatest radio/mainstream metal band out there but that isnt saying much
  6. nickman

nickman New Member

i love tool
  7. The JoZ

The JoZ New Member

Yeah, as it is, my band is looking to cover "Aenima" when we get better...kickass song IMO, but hey, I'm a little biased
  8. archieblagger

archieblagger New Member

Have to agree they are one of the most accomplished bands about now. From the last album I think 'The Grudge', Schism and Parabola are class.
  9. Maynard

Maynard New Member

Oh yes! TooL. There is no comparison!
  10. thepodman

thepodman New Member

Tool is great. On the keyboard I can play Message to Harry Manback and Intermission. I can also play bits and pieces of their other songs like Prison Sex, 46 and 2, Parabol/a, Schism, Sober, Eulogy, and ├ćnima. I can also play Message to Harry Manback on guitar.
  11. lit143089

lit143089 New Member

Tool and a perfect circle r the best