Using Nero to render midi to wav?

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by ivorys88a440, Apr 9, 2004.

1. ivorys88a440

ivorys88a440 New Member

I was reading that this could be done with Nero. I haven't been able to do it yet. Can anyone walk me through this? There isn't anything on Nero's help section to assist me. Thanks a bunch.
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

I don't know where you got this idea from, but it's absolute nonsense! Nero is a CD writing application - it knows nothing at all about midi - which is something one uses to create music.

If you want to turn midi into audio files (which is the whole idea behind the process) then you simply record the output of your midi sound device/s - modules, sound cards, soft synths, etc., etc. - using any one of a number of digital recorders which are around.

This will give you the .wav file (for this purpose, it has to be 16bit, 44.1KHz, 2 channel) which Nero can then put on a CD for you.
  3. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

having Creative on my puter I simply start Creative recorder and direct it to "MIDI" as the input source... I most often play the files in Cakewalk to get the nuances and voila...
  4. Bobbi1984

Bobbi1984 New Member

Thete are other good programs for rendering MIDI to wav...including FruityLoops Studio