Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by tavenger5, Jul 25, 2002.

1. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

Re: "A Thousand Miles" Vanessa Carlton

Very nice file! My only complaint is the drums. A little too straight for me ;) (I'm a drummer)

I also listened to the mp3. You're obviously using a very nice keyboard. Sounds just like the real thing. I know the vocals were for kicks, however, they would sound a lot better with less reverb and a little more mid eq. :)
  2. cctarlton

cctarlton New Member

A quick thanks to everybody who emailed me with compliments & also to everyone who downloaded........

someone actually asked if I ripped this from the CD! What a wonderful compliment! Thanks again!

In answer to some of the questions, I played all the parts myself on my Yamaha PSR 740 keyboard, which also generated the harmony for the vocal, (from my voice) on the MP3.

Cathy T
    http://www.roncat.net/private.htm (music page)
  3. Yasifir1

Yasifir1 New Member

I checked it out on my roland ...sounds very good
  4. thebinge

thebinge New Member

I, too was very impressed with the MIDI. Very professional. Hope you have more to release in the future. Good Bloody luck to ya!
  5. lefty42

lefty42 New Member

i just finished a version as well
    if anybody wants it
    give us a yell pm
  6. MavDude

MavDude New Member

The mp3: sounds great except for the singing... like you are far away from the mic or something
    The midi: simply fantastic :thumbsup:
    And now I'm gonna try one of those yamaha soft synths you have linked on your page, just wanna see if it beats wingroove.:)
  7. kpryan

kpryan New Member

Great track - lots of hard work!

had a listen to the mp3 - great backing track, evidence of a lot of effort! I don't know many people who would put themselves out there like that for the public to hear......

WELL DONE.
  8. RockFox

RockFox New Member

my turn

Ok.. everyone was doing a version of A thousand miles, so I thought, what the heck. I sequenced it, and played it back on two different soundcards, and did drums and background instruments on a PSR-520. Check it out, its a wav file but its compressed very small. I omitted the melody, so feel free to sing along :)
    A thousand Miles - Venessa Carlton - Sequenced by RockFox
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2002
  9. RockFox

RockFox New Member

BTW.. if you get errors trying to DL that.. just keep trying. I hope to have some better webspace soon!
  10. SDB

SDB New Member

Hmmm... not bad, but not strictly accurate. The midi used misses some of the songs all important characteristics and some of the chords are simply - wrong!
    As Simon Cowel would say - "Have you got a good lawyer? You should sue your music teacher!”
    Sorry to be so harsh but I’m a miserable git!
    Here’s my MIDI version of the song, please e-mail me for the full version.
    http://members.aol.com/popeyern/sdbmidi/1000mil.mid
  11. keyboard_player

keyboard_player New Member

great file, I have a Maxwell MC-68a Keyboard, it is very old, but next month i'm going to buy a second hand piano!

But again, great !!!!!
  12. aica

aica New Member

nice piano moves there, just put less echo on the mic next time cuz the vocals are not clear. anyway, that was great, way to go!
  13. cctarlton

cctarlton New Member

Long time no see. Not sure if the critique (that someone should sue their music teacher) was meant for me, I'm going to download the other 2 files and see for myself....

please in the future specify which (who's) version you are talking about, there are 3 versions here on this page!

I don't think I missed any chords by the way, so SURELY that wasn't for me. I've also done an update to the drum track so that its more natural (this was actually the first midi I did my own drums for) and I've improved that quite a bit

my midis are at http://www.roncat.net/private.htm

thanks for all the compliments. I don't usually record "new" songs but this one was so cleverly marketed (video played between Tv shows I watched) or I would never have heard it -- usually I'm strictly an "oldie but a goodie" recording songs from the 60's and 70's.....I know most of you here are alot younger than me!

thanks again,

Cathy T.
  14. Da_killer

Da_killer New Member

Could someone plz tell me why i cant download any of the midi files?