Velvet Revolver - Slither

Discussion in 'Filled Requests' started by Jo-, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Jo-

Jo- Soopa Doopa

Looking for this one from Slash's new band.

Thanks
  2. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

holy snappin!:wow: thats some good wood alright!(in ur sig)

do u own all those? I got a CU24 exactly like the purple one (mines raspberry, I think they call it)
  3. voice of god

oh yeah heres the midi

no vocals, but has the solo

Attached Files:

4. Jo-

Jo- Soopa Doopa

Thanks for the file God :thumbsup:

Yup that's all my wood, tho' the pic is a bit out of date. I've got a new CU22 with a rosewood neck, very sweet player, the unfinished rosewood neck is just super smooth. You can see the updated group shot here

Do you ever get over to the new Birds & Moons forum, which is basically the PRS Forum? You must stop and say hello one day. :D
  5. voice of god

geez man, u sure do have the PRS bug bad! which is your favourite?:D

Birds and Moons looks pretty cool, Ive actually been spending a bit of time at the Harmony Central Forums, mostly the amp forum
  6. Jo-

Jo- Soopa Doopa

Yeah BAM is a really cool place to hang out. Very friendly atmosphere, like a big family, (unlike HC which I find is kinda scary ;) ) of course it doesn't help with GAS pains tho'.

My fav I think is my Archtop or Hollowbody, but these days my CU Rosie is getting a lot of play time. They're all nice in their own different ways. Can't help but get addicted. :D
  7. voice of god

yup, I hear ya on all of those points:)

what Kind of amp r u playin thru Jo? and also do u use all these files live, play in a duo or anything? or just for practice?,coz you're into some alternative(to the top40/pubrock ) music
  8. Jo-

Jo- Soopa Doopa

My current amp is a Mesa Boogie F-50, those these days I've just been plugging my Boss GT-6 straight into the PA for some really nice sounds. I've found the GT-6 is great for all the fx on the Incubus stuff. It eliminates all the tap dancing with standard pedals.

I just play with a bass player and we use the drum tracks from the midi files to jam along to. Convert them to wav files, then import them into my Tascam 788 for play back. Saves a lot of time rather than trying to program the drums in my drum machine.

We've got a singer coming over today to try out. Hopefully if that works out, we can then find a drummer instead of using the midi files. But at least our midi files are reliable, never show up late or drunk :D

What kinda gear are you playing through? Do you use the midi files similarly? Or am I the only person who does that here.
  9. voice of god

I play in a duo. Me and another guy, we both play gittar and sing, swap around lead vox, lead guitar an stuff. The midi is my drummer and bass player and anything else thats needed on the odd song(using a roland midi player straight to PA). We play every weekend at local pubs,clubs an parties, weddings etc.

I just got hold of a Marshall JMP 50 watt (1980) and a Marshall 4x12 1960AV cab. had em for about a month. Im really starting to like this valve amp stuff.

I used to use a line6 POD, but its not as satisfying as having an amp behind you.
  10. Jo-

Jo- Soopa Doopa

Very cool.

How do you handle the intro for all your songs? Right now I add a metronome beat for the beginning a " 1.....2..... 1, 2, 3, 4," type click. Do you do something similar?

Does the crowd think that's strange? Using midi for back up?
    What's the roland midi player that you use? Sounds like that would be a lot more easier than my copy to wav route. I wouldn't mind looking into that.

I picked up a couple new cheap tube amps. One was the Fender Blues Jr, 25w with a 12" speaker. It's really nice, has reverb a master and volume control, so you can get your gain right from the tubes plus you can hook it up to external cabs. And the second one I got was a 12 watt Fender Musicmaster Bass amp, also with a 1x12. For a bass amp, it gives a nice crunch for guitar.
  11. voice of god

I use a hi-hat for count ins and intros. I just use a 1..2..3..4 and then bang ur into it, or keep the hihat going to keep time if its a guitar only intro , like Betterman-Pearl Jam for example. Although with my midi player you can get a foot pedal(just a standard guitar on/off pedal i think) so you can do the intro without a click track and then stomp the on button to play the midi/bring in the rest of the band. Ive just never got round to doing it...

My player is a Roland MT300s http://www.roland.com/products/en/MT-300S/
    It cost me $2,500 about 5 years ago, I dont know whats out there now, you could probably get better ones for a better price ??

Duos with midi backing is pretty much the norm around here, the crowd loves us. Managers actually prefer it too. Theres more duos with midi here than full bands. With a good PA and good midis u can get it sounding pretty dam good. Pretty much like a real band.

Theres so many advantages to playing as a duo with midi backing - less volume(if u need), less ppl to get to practice, less ppl to make mistakes, u can play any sized venue, less ppl to split money with. less hassle. Its definately a very viable option if you want play a few gigs an make a bit of cash in the process.

Im interested in getting a low watt tube amp too so u can crank it, then again I wouldnt mind a 3 or 4 channel monster aswell. mm gas.