Vocal Effects

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by ferris_monty, Jul 26, 2004.

1. ferris_monty

ferris_monty New Member

Does anyone know of any vocal software around that is designed specifically for vocal effects such as delay, reverb, Eq etc? Thanks
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Software effects are not specific to one type of recording (in your case, vocals) they can be applied right across the board, to anything that is making a noise.

Some of them will give you 'pre-sets' for specific applications, but pre-sets really are a total waste of space, since each recording is uniques in nature and requires a unique application of whatever FX are in use. At best, the pre-sets might provide you with a starting point, but that's not really much use to you unless you understand what all the knobs and buttons actually do!

Your best bet is to start with a simple vocal track, introduce a processor of some description - say, a reverb - setting everything to 'no effect' and then play with each control separately to hear what effect it has on the sound.
  3. themidigooru

themidigooru New Member

most recording software comes with effects that you can insert into the vocal track. reverb is always suggested and if your going for that techno sound, delay and flanger is also suggested
  4. samsational

samsational New Member

Waves has some good one for vocals, like the compressor and various picth modules.
  5. sikbobby2

sikbobby2 New Member

i think Fruityloops has some, right?
  6. Cainsmoker

Cainsmoker New Member

I use a program called PowerTracks Pro Audio 8, which is a fantastic and affordable program. It's got a HUGE array of plug-ins, most of which are specifically created with vocalists in mind (you can pretty much use them for anything, really.)

I also use Acid Pro 4.0, which is just getting better and better the more they mess with it and upgrade everything. They've made a big deal about putting in many many effects for your project, and put in the track-by-track effects too, saying you want distortion on one track and on the track running properly with that, you've got flange, and then on the next track you've got chorus, etc. It's all individual based. It's an excellent program.
  7. KevinM

KevinM New Member

Try PSPaudioware EasyVerb, It's a VST for Cubase.
  8. valleysounds

valleysounds New Member

i also use the wave plug ins and they are awesome....there are some other great ones around inc..hyperprism....tc native and antares
  9. turbocoo

turbocoo New Member

TC do great reverb plugins
  10. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

TC do very good plugins for Cubase VST., hpyerprism etc. Wish I could have a rack full of gear in a studio rather than having to work part time. Perhaps when I retire ....
  11. Bricummo

Bricummo New Member

Waves Rverb everytime, Ultrafunk for delays or Quad Frohmage.
    And to compress Nomad Factory Blue tubes Fa770.
  12. Dhamma

Dhamma New Member

waves, native instruments, blue tubes, sonitus... theres alot of them out there...