Vocal Mics

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by mfroble, Feb 3, 2003.

1. mfroble

mfroble New Member

Can I get a good vocal mic (for recording purposes) for less than $100?????? If so, what type?
  2. mfroble

mfroble New Member

I mean a second-hand mic
  3. drakmog

drakmog New Member

foudn someting

try samash.com they have a lot of that stuff cheap and you can negotiate prices
  4. DJsk8er69

DJsk8er69 New Member

I would try PSSL.com they have good deals on equipment
  5. CUCH

CUCH New Member

mfroble,

Vocal mics are really hard to find for under $100 bucks. It's also not the area where you want to look to save money. Cheaper mics can make a good audio recording sound bad. If you can find a used "Baby Blue Bottle" out there, I think you would be really happy with the quality of the mic. I know they sell for around $400-$500 new, you may be able to find one used for around $250, but they are hard to come by since this is a newer model. The other piece of the pie is a mic pre-amp, which goes hand and hand with condenser mics. Those can run you another couple hundred bucks.

If at all possible, it may be worth while for you to save up for the better mic and pre-amp. In the mean time you can try working with a Shure SM58 and some good effects (ie. compressor, gate, etc)

Either way, good luck in your search and you never know what you can find out there... sometimes people just need to get rid of equipment quickly.

CUCH
  6. spajman

spajman New Member

i'll have to second the shure sm-58... for the little money you pay for it, it works very well. it also depends on how serious you are about recording... like cuch said, it just may be better to save up and get a nice sounding condenser and the pre-amp, however if the recording your doing is just for yourself and you just want to get your ideas recorded, the sm58 should do you just fine until you decide you want something better
  7. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

"shure" mics are definately the way to go!

not budget mics like the one i hav ;) "pudney"