vocal remover

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by TheVillain9, Dec 5, 2002.

1. TheVillain9

TheVillain9 New Member

does anyone know where i can download a vocal remover? that will remove vocals from an mp3 or wav file?
  2. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

I think the last one I had was called Yogen Vocal remover. Do a search and it should come up. It's a stand alone program that works well. Of course you're not going to completely remove a vocal from from a mix all together...
  3. tokio

tokio New Member

4. hui4o

hui4o New Member

i don't think there is a good one.Analog X doesn't do the job.
  5. gazza_guitar

gazza_guitar New Member

you can get fx units that remove the center of the mix leaving everything that is panned left or right you sometimes loose the bass gtr though
  6. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

DART Karaoke Studio CD+G can do a good job on occasion.
    You have the best luck with these types of programs if the vocals are all center panned, with no stereo delay or other effects.
    There really is no good way to remove vocals with heavy effects on them.
  7. dkaarma

dkaarma New Member

Basically, if you think you can remove all vocals from any track... well it's nearly impossible. You can do it yourself, with any decent sound editor, you invert the channels and push them out a bit.. the theroy is...

Vocals are recorded in the centre of the stereo field, and all the other instruments are panned out, so you invert them, push the centre out a bit and no vocals

I'm still waiting on a program that will take out a specific instrument... even though thats like baking a cake, then trying to get the egg back in its shell... impossible ;-P