VST or SX?

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by sodium, May 16, 2004.

1. sodium

sodium New Member

hi all,
    i am currently running Cubase VST ( XP Pro )on a P3 with no problems.

I am considering upping to SX2.

any particular pros and cons of this upgrade, and what should i be aware of in terms of bugs and problems with SX releases??

TIA and cheers,
    sodium!
  2. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

I use VST Cubase 5.0 on a 1Gig Athlon, win 98 and 512 of DDR with SB Audigy card for live and midi in. Have had no problems whatsoever. Don' t know about SX since I am happy with what I have got. If it ain't broke don't fix it unless the next generation has most of the bugs sorted.!
  3. kapilar

kapilar New Member

as long as the upgrading will be "sponsored" by steinberg the jump up to sx2 is a musthave. the only con will be found in your moneybag :)

remember you'll be allowed to use BOTH cube-aces ;-) the new sx and the 5.x, too.

if you're not shure 'bout needing the new system try the small SL version you'l get or a few bucks on ebay.

kapi
  4. dabiri

dabiri New Member

Im almost certain that you wont need those extra features in SX compaterd to SL...
  5. 0dB

0dB New Member

I'd reccomend upgrading the SX, I'm on V2 at the moment at having the same thoughts about upgrading to 3.

The thing about SX over VST is the whole workflow, everythings much smoother. According to the web site, in SX3 you don't even have to open a seperate window to edit MIDI.

Why not try the demo ? You could open a few of your VST tunes in it to test.