Warning! Save Your Midi Files

Discussion in 'Computers' started by voice of god, Sep 5, 2002.

1. RockOn

RockOn New Member

Here's what you do: Buy an x year old computer (doesn't really matter how old, just make sure the HDD is upgradeable, and that it's not that expensive). Then, buy a 120GB (or whatever, however big you want), and put it in the old comp. Network this comp and your current comp together, make sure to back up every once in a while, and voila: you have a 120GB hard drive that you hardly ever have to worry about: no overheating, no possible virii (or is it viruses? Hm...), and plus, you have another computer! Woohoo!
  2. jigar21

jigar21 New Member

Does anyone have experience with some of htese internet firms which allow you to back up your critical directories to their servers via a broadband connection at night or other specified time?
  3. hezdanswe2

hezdanswe2 New Member

the story goes, the devil was mad because Jesus got all the attention, he went to God and said, man its not fair, give us a challenge so I can out perform him just once. Well God gave each an essay to write in a certain amount of time, so Jesus was typing typing saving and the devil was typing typing typing, both were just about to print, and all of electricty went out, well the deadline came and Jesus went up and handed God His paper, the devil was furious, man he gets all the breaks the stupid electricity went out and I lost everything, God said, you lost because, "Jesus Saves"
    I thought this was a great lesson learned, if I have anything important I learned to always save!
  4. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

ha!~~~ nice one
  5. ryeman

ryeman GREEN MACHINE

BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!
    Iv'e lost gigs of info and audio over the years, and now i've
    learned to backup everything often.
  6. BLISS

BLISS New Member

re midi warning

so how do you save a midi file to cd
  7. cake-raider

cake-raider New Member

lol..... surprised they even got onto the site
  8. ermines

ermines New Member

there's a program that lets you recovery any accidentally deleted files......even if it has been reformatted.....

in this way, you can save any files you like.....

the name's getdataback
  9. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Backing up Midi files is definitely a must as I lost 3 hours of programming by tripping over the mains cable when I came back from the toilet! I forgot to save! Currently having a network at home, and on broadband, I use one computer to back up to as a file server, and have a C and D partition. Also back up to CDRW.