WAV to MIDI

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by thebully, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebully

thebully New Member

Is there a program that lets you change regular music to polyphoni MIDIs?
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

If you had bothered to read all the other threads on this subject, you'd know the answer already - NO!
  3. Graeme

Graeme New Member

.... and it can not be done - no matter what some of the software writers might tell you.
  4. craig_c_f

craig_c_f New Member

Bloody hell - some people are just lazy. There are about 10 of the same threads on one page!
  5. craig_c_f

craig_c_f New Member

Oh BTW - aren't the software writers just wasting their time then if it doesn't actually work? Or is it another money making scam?
  6. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Pass :)
  7. fidelio

fidelio New Member

Hehe,
    whenever I saw the thread "Important: IntelliScore - Polyphonic WAV to MIDI Converter by tavenger5"
  8. SidVonDagger

SidVonDagger New Member

umm....it can be done, i know this because i had a wav->midi converter, of which's name escapes me at the moment. With complex files it never worked very well, but it just required a bit of tweaking......watch this space for the app....
  9. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Nope - it can't be done. At least, not with polyphonic files - which seems to be most potential users need. One uses midi to make music, not vice versa.

I never cease to amazed by the number of people who say they could do it - usually with a piece of software of which they can't recall the name. Believe me, if it could be done, then the name of the software which could do this would be on everyones lips.

If you insist on saying you can do this, I suggest you put my money where your mouth is and take up my challenge, which you will find here;

http://board.midibuddy.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79583&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

So far, I've had no takers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.