wave to midi

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by yoda, Aug 24, 2004.

1. yoda

yoda New Member

I don't thinks so It would put the recording industry out of work not to mention all the hard working sequencing pros out there and then this site would go and ......... learn to sequence it is a great way to develope a good ear and how to mix as well.have fun create
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

I fail to see the point of this thread - there are already many others which exist, covering the same subject.

However, it's got nothing to do with putting anyone out of business - when has that stopped anyone producing software in the past? - but everythng to do with the fact of it being a technical impossibility!
  3. Nah!

Nah! New Member

You can download software to convert wav files to mid files, but most don't work very well. I've experimented with different types of software, like TS AudiotoMIDI and Digital Ear, etc. , and none give me the professional sounding results I'm looking for. You can convert wav files to mid files with this software, but it won't sound like the professional MIDIs you download or buy. A mono wave converted into a mono midi tends to give better results, but sequencing is the only way you'll get professional results. :)
  4. david2436

david2436 New Member

All of the automatic ones don't work very well but there is a semi manual one called Score Extractor that gets good results, get it from www.scoreextractor.com
  5. fidelio

fidelio New Member

It's impossible to get even a mediocre-quality midi with those wave-to-midi softwares.

Bad midi files - which means midi which sound sloppy and inaccurate, sequenced by inexperienced users - at least have separate tracks for different instruments.

The so-called "converted" .mid files have everything mixed up, therefore prety much useless.
  6. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

The WAV-TO-MID file coverts really only do a alright job on songs with only one instrement, and even than the results are questionable.