What are your favorite recipes / favorite foods to cook?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Black_Kat, Aug 13, 2004.

?

Do you cook?

1. Yes, I could tell you exactly how to cook most anything and I can name my favorite foods in 6 differ

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Yes, I cook a lot, but still like to learn more and more and more........

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. If I'm going to starve then yes, I'll make something from a box or can.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. No, I really can't cook at all. Seriously.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

So what are they!! Post the recipe too of course so I can try and burn everything in a 10 foot diameter around my stove. :rolleyes: There's no helping it...I should tell you the oregano story, but it's really quite sad. And if I tell you that story, I'd have to tell you the potato story.

My favorite food story is the toast story.

Or the Easy Mac.

Sad....but I have an excuse! I'm 14! Wheeeeeeee!!!

So anyway, back on topic, what art thou liking to cook?
  2. cruchible

cruchible New Member

I like Italian (my fiancee is from Malta), Indian, and chinese
  3. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Pasta is great. And you can make it a bazillion ways. Same with rice (which is my favorite). :p
  4. alcozma

alcozma 'Cozi from Ozi

ohhh I love to cook
    especially Thai Food
    It's very spicy tho, so you have to like chilli!
    This recipe is for the bbq ... sadly it dries out cooked most other ways ...
    my version of Gai Yang
    you need chicken cut up into strips (chicken breast or thigh - remove all the yucky, fatty, gristly bits...)
    Then you mix all this together in a big bowl to marinate it in (for at least an hour) at room temperature...
    3 tablespoons fish sauce
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 tablespoons lemon juice
    fresh corriander (you tear it up roughly)
    ...mix this all up and add the chicken to marinate...
    You just grill it on the bbq until it is cooked
    this is usually served on lettuce and steamed rice...with sweet chilli sauce over the top....
    Yummm (makin' me hungry)
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  5. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

I wish I'd thought of this... :p
    I don't even know where to even begin... well, I'm preparing a rather lavish meal for Saturday a brisket roast with turnips, potatoes, rutabaga, carrots, cabbage, onions, parsnips, parsley, a coupla' peppercorns and some butter... you toss the corned beef in and simmer it for about 5 hours with the peppercorns and salt and a couple of spices whatever your mood is. (a tandoori oven works wonderfully well for this... ) after the meat is nearly fully cooked (about the last 30 minutes or so toss in the rootier veggies and tubers), take the brisket out and hide it somewhere else warm, then toss in the rest of the anxiously awaiting veggies then for another 15 minutes just until tender. Not too much then you soften some butter and add some fresh torn parsley then apply to the veggies artfully arranged around the brisket... very Stewart-esque. It's a good thing! ;)

I also like to mix it up and change it a bit I recently came across some Peruvian blue potatoes, they turn this nice electric blue when heated just so... red onions are preferred but depends on my mood, also I'll toss in a burdock root or some golden beets are nice at times as well as sweet potatoes... just don't overcook those.

I'm also making this gigantic NY style cheesecake with pecan pralines dolopped on top and a shortbread crust (get the shortbread from Scotland. You know the one in the red tartan tin.) Also, a Boston brown bread, typically made in a coffee can... a mesclin salad and some sugar snap peas or fresh corn on the cob (I have this wonderful red corn that should be ready for the picking tomorrow... very tasty and the colour is magnificant!). Fresh mint juleps... and some homemade crackers flavoured with fresh herbs. I believe that's about it... should be a fun evening. If you need directions just ask! :)
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  6. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

Why Daddy, what's going on today that you're having such a enormous and (delicious by the sounds of it ;)) meal?
  7. jotlock

jotlock New Member

Pasta my passion
  8. Luiza*Cunha

Luiza*Cunha Charmed Trainee with Goa'uld inside! Staff Member Super Mod

Mostly Mexican, Chinese or Italian for me! At a good restaurant, I mean. ;)
    I am a lousy cook. :p
  9. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

:laugh::laugh::laugh2:

Awww... but you know we'd still come over to your place for dinner... even if we'd be clandestinely sneaking it all to your dog beneath the table! :laugh: But you know we're only accepting the invitation 'cause we love you! :kiss: Of course, next time we'd insist you not slave over the hot stove for us... ;)
    of course that's not all the secret stuff that'd most likely be going on under the table... *smart* especially with this group! *laugh2*
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  10. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

Ohhh, I can just see it now. Me sitting in the high chair, throwing food everywhere, getting scolded, this song playing in the background...:eek:...and don't forget DESSERT!
  11. thepopcorn

thepopcorn New Member

Hasn't anyone ever tried tomato soup cake? Look it up on the net. It tastes like carrot cake but better. Trust me (and Gace on "Passions.")