What are your favourite bass guitars?

Discussion in 'Guitar' started by BazzerX, Jul 30, 2004.

1. BazzerX

BazzerX New Member

Hi to all bass players.

I am interested to hear what are your preferred types/models of bass guitars and what modifications you like to have done to them if any.

I like Precision / Jazz hybrids by Fender or Status Graphite.

i.e. Precision body, (graphite) Jazz neck, active P & J pickups (EMG or Status hyperactive) and schaller strap locks.

With this type of bass (and with a good amp) I feel you can get a lot of different great tones easilly, just using the controls on the bass.

Please let me know what you all use and especially any interesting modifications.

Cheerz.

Baz.
  2. turbocoo

turbocoo New Member

geddy lee.....period
  3. BazzerX

BazzerX New Member

Yes Geddy is good,
    but I'm actually after descriptions of peoples customised or modified basses!
  4. midicreatore

midicreatore New Member

The 5 string Music Man. Nice bass.
  5. Phulcrum

Phulcrum New Member

I am a huge Mike Gordon fan. Vic Wooten is reasonably amazing on bass as well. I play a USA Fender Precision Special with Bartolini J and P pickups.
  6. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

Love old style Rickenbackers.
  7. U-110

U-110 Member

Has anyone ever tried a 12-string? I play a Hamer Chaparral and it's thunderous!
    see for yourself
  8. eldon & betty

eldon & betty New Member

I like the Fender Precision myself. I'm not a bass player, but I've tried and I really like it. I've heard many bass guitarists, but thoroughly love the Fender Precision.
  9. hayer

hayer New Member

I have a Musicman stingray and a Fender Jazz and I use them for diffrent reasons. The musicman is a great slap bass and the fender is a cool old school rock bass in my opinion
  10. SeamyD

SeamyD Member

Warwick 6 string

I play a 6 string corvette and its great no matter what tunings the guitar player uses. Also it allows for the Bruce Lee economy of movement approach to my playing 2 octaves within a 5 fret span. I can't understand why these haven't become the standard 4 string seems to limited now, or maybe I'm just lazy!!!!!!!!!
  11. tahnell

tahnell New Member

Yamaha 5 string, the best.
  12. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

I had a 4 string Ibanez Blazer which had one pickupt. I modded it to 2 active EMGs and a refret. The bass cost me £80 and another £80 for the mods. Played like a dream. I work in a music shop in the UK and we sell the 5 string active yamaha with 24 fret neck. The bees knees. Couple that with a Laney Richter bass amp and the sound is awesome!