What if it doesn't download?

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by seeneys, Dec 15, 2003.

1. seeneys

seeneys New Member

I had the MB cash for a kar file I wanted. So I carefully clicked on it, and it said - 'are you sure you want to spend $25MB?'. I was so, I clicked yes, and it opened a new window.... with nothing in it.

But my MB cash still got depleted by $25MB.

Now I don't have enough to do it again. How can I stop this from happening??
    I don't want to have to keep wasting MB on files that I don't get.
  2. seeneys

seeneys New Member

It's just done it again.

PLEASE - someone give me some ideas!!!!
  3. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

Please read the FAQ. Reload the page on which the file resides. Right click on the link and select 'save target as'. Save the file.
  4. seeneys

seeneys New Member

I've tried that. It doesn't give me the option.
    I'm normally quite computer literate - so I've tried all the things I thought I should do.

The text doesn't look act like a link - though it is underlined. The only thing you can get it to do is come up with the box asking if you want to spend your MB, and that appears when you click on the text with your left mouse button. The right button gives me no useful options.

Any more ideas....

(I did read the FAQ - but couldn't find the answer to my problem./
  5. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

After you purchase the file you will discover that after you reload the page, that the underlined text is now a blue link. If it isn't then you didn't purchase the file. You cannot be double charged for the same file.
  6. Frankdj

Frankdj New Member

i had the same problem... thank you :)
  7. PERFECTiON

PERFECTiON New Member

i'm having the same problem. it's underlined in blue, but when i right click to save target as, it saves as a .html file since it links to another site instead of the MIDI itself.
  8. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Links to another site? Right, can you tell me what site it links to?
  9. pinkaholic1

pinkaholic1 New Member

quick question - i worked out that and i only got 42 secs of a track and its took away my money. wots up wiv dat?
  10. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Either you get the whole MIDI or you get nothing. 47 seconds was the total time for the track, unmanipulated. You should know, it's fake dough, bro. Gotta go.
  11. goob2000

goob2000 New Member

i've just had the exact same problem and nothing mentioned in this post has helped, i can't dload the file again...oh well i'll just have to make more money (thats probly gonna get lost again)
  12. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

you can guess by the # of bytes in the files (as listed) Whether each file is "complete" or not - but its only a guess. If you've bought a "demo" in the wrong forumdo 2 things... #1 hit the report button and ASK the mods you report it to to "move this post to MIDI demos please".... #2 in the meantime leave a comment like "so and so's post contains only a demo, does anyone have the full file?"

You're outta luck this time... sorry... but this board is run by the integrety of its memberage. We can't 'catch' every idiot who loads a file to the wrong place as they do it... but you, as a member, can keep others from having the same issues.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2004
  13. boxcarRacer

boxcarRacer New Member

my computer saves it as a html file
  14. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

15. glitter_babe

glitter_babe New Member

Don't worry guys, I had this same problem for ages, after you click on the file that you want to download and after it takes your $25, if it doesn't let you download, click on the refresh button on the toolbar of your page and it refresh itself and the link should work, then save the link sa you normally would. There you go, this should work for you......