What is the best keyboard to use with cakewalk. I am new to this.

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by steveream, Feb 1, 2003.

1. steveream

steveream New Member

I am overwelmed with all the keyboards out there. I play roland vdrums and I am planning on using a laptop with a keyboard for live performance. Any help would be nice. There is so many keyboards to choose from. Do I want one with the new midi2 capabilities? Any help would be appreciated.

Steve
  2. sheffers

sheffers New Member

Hey Steve,

Almost any velocity sensitive keyboard will do the trick; it depends on your budget. If money were no object, you might consider a Korg Triton; it would suffice as an excellent multi-timbral device, in addition to being a great keboard controller.
    The older Korg stuff (O1/W, M1) is much cheaper and still offer some fair multi-timbral capability...

Good luck!:thumbsup:
  3. clubvisage

clubvisage New Member

Steve, The Roland gear works and sounds great, for a keyboard try the xp-30 [ you do not need any onboard sequencers if you are using a laptop.] If you do not need the keyboard, try using the Roland jv-1010 module, it has the same sounds as the xp-30 keyboard. Also, as mentioned before, the Korg M-1, M1R are great old timers. They feature multi outputs on the unit [ rare on newer gear], which is great for routing dif instruments to individual channels of your mixer. [ drums,bass,etc].