What is the best program to use to convert Midi to sheet music

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by beccaann, Aug 27, 2002.

1. beccaann

beccaann New Member

What is the best program to use to convert midi to sheet music. I play the flute as well as sing and compose. I am usually pretty good at picking out the notes of songs, but some, I just can't get. I know that midi can be converted to sheet music, but what is best. Thanks for all your help.

Cassie
  2. advancedflea

advancedflea Nude bodyprint maker

"noteworthy compser" is good. but you have to change the file name so it is less than 8 letters, as this program is actually desigend for windows 3.11 it can be found on www.download.com (sorry, i do not post anything but midis, but i do post linx)
  3. beccaann

beccaann New Member

Thanks for your reply. I did a long search and came up with a program called "MidiNotate". So far so good, but I could use some help with the program if anyone else uses this. Thanks again.
  4. advancedflea

the best person to ask for for help is "theartisan" he knows about midi programs more than I do, (Or seems to, I'm not over-selling you am I artisan?)
  5. Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne New Member

I use CakeWalk, but I don't think you can download it for free. It is a very good program.
  6. advancedflea

you can download it for free. use kazaa
  7. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

:: THREAD MOVED to a more appropriate forum::

but that would be supporting Piracy...and we don't support piracy ;-)
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2002
  8. advancedflea

and why the hell not? that is the entire reason for CD burners and Kazaa. = o D
  9. bigwilly58

bigwilly58 New Member

ALL I KNOW IS THAT I GOT CAKEWALK AND I CANT SEEM TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT...MAYBE DUE TO THE FACT I HAVENT HAD TIME TO REALLY MESS WITH THE PROGRAM..I THINK ITS GOT SOME SPECIAL VERSION NO# AFTER THE NAME??
  10. advancedflea

take the caps lock off. it seems like your shouting
  11. beerbelly

beerbelly New Member

i'd say cakewalk is good. just sit on it for some time you'll be able to do a lot of great things with it. a friend of mine uses FINALE. havent tried it but its kinda good according to him. i'd still prefer cakewalk pro audio 9.

and about kazaa....well, be wary coz i think thats where i got that freakin TROJAN virus called klezh.
  12. advancedflea

You only need to be warey of kazaa if u aint got a virus scanner. best one to get is norton systemworks 2002/03 they are the top (I have it, so i speak from experience)
  13. musixian

musixian New Member

I agree with Cakewalk for sequencing. The sheet music feature is, eh, okay but the program is fantasic for recording and using in a live setting. The best/easiest midi-to-sheet music program I ever used (and bought too, how bout that?) was MusicTime Deluxe. I say "was" because their company went buhbye. But if you can find it through "other" means, it's very very good for this.
  14. midiaxe

midiaxe New Member

Same here. I use Cakewalk (Sonar) for my midi sequencing. For notation and midi to music sheet conversion, I use Sibelius, very easy to use but kinda expensive. If you need just basic music sheet (no special symbols, i.e., cresendo, tempo, andante.., etc), cakewalk will do the job. Hope this helps...

-MX
  15. advancedflea

sibelius expensive? mmm, i think i need to log onto kazaa again 2night then. :)
  16. Wolvie

Wolvie New Member

Use cakewalk 9.03.... it still beats a lot of them out there...

Sonar XL pro is crap in the way of drums, that is why i recommend cakewalk 9.03...

By the way sonar is know as cakewalk 10 (they just needed a new name after 10 re-releases and fixes)

I do this shit for a living so just believe me okay