What is the world coming to!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by M.O.T.E., Nov 30, 2003.

?

What do you think the world coming to?

1. To hell in a hand basket

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Peace and love-with the new Generation!

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. I do not care :(

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. A new Bright Age!

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. See my Post!

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. M.O.T.E.

M.O.T.E. New Member

Every time something strange happens, or something out of the ordinary, somebody always turns around and says, “What is the world coming to!” I am sure that there are many answers to that, which I would love to explore. Sometimes our lives seem to be played out by clichés… What is the world coming to…ya man…and so on. It was always nice when something out of the ordinary happen. On one occasion, some friends and I were sitting out on the front lawn of our high school when two young men in running shoes ran by us, and I calmly point out the two streeker’s passing us on the lawn. One of the girls took a quick look, then realized about 3 seconds later that they were almost totally naked except for their shoes. “What is the world coming to!” she cried. At that point, I think I said, “Ah there just guys.” Oh how I had wished there were girls.
    That reminds of the first time I cared about what the world was coming to. I was about four years of age at the time. A friend and I had found not one, but two cans of grass green paint. After about ten minutes of deep philological discussion, we decided that the world was not green enough. So with our newfound paint we were going to paint the world green. Mainly because we wondered, “What is the world coming to!” it just was not green enough. We started with the back parking lot behind our apartment home. We painted the wooded post that was all gray. We painted the rocks that were all gray. We painted part of the fire escape, which was all rusted. We even painted the cars that happen to be in the parking lot at the time. At some point, my friends mother came along at told me to go home. So I did, and when I got home, which was only a flight of stairs away I found the door locked. So I knocked on the door. My mother opened the door, and with a long face said “is that you!” “Yes” I said and began to cry, because by this time I looked like a little green man from mars and the paint started to burn my skin. My loving mother called the doctor and had me soak in the bathtub all that night, and for the next few days. By the end of the week, I had turned from the little green man from mars, to a prune. Somehow, I had to come to the realization that painting the world green was a much bigger task than I had first thought, and that maybe I should wait until I was much older. Painting other peoples cars was defiantly off the list of getting the world greener.
    Well, no matter what we think the world is coming to, it seems no matter how we go about trying to change it, it can lead to unseen consequences. Yet even today in some way, I am still trying to paint the world green. And it is still the same old reason, “what is the world coming to?”
    Do we not all try to change the world in some small way, because we see the world changing for better or for worse? Then ask our selves that same old cliché “What is the world coming to?” We shake our heads and say, “I don’t know”. Of course, we do not know, just as I did know that you could not paint the world green in a day, a year, or a lifetime!
    But that four-year-old boy saw something wrong with the world. What was it? Was it the gray parking lot? No! It must have been the creativity that mankind was born with. A can of paint, a few brushes, a dull looking parking lot, a good friend, and pesto! Instant trouble. Well at this point, all I can say is… I wonder if President Bush and Prime Minister Blair are having dinner together tonight?
  2. ARWENEVENSTA

ARWENEVENSTA New Member

what is the world coming too? Its coming to an end. The sky is falling the sky is falling!
  3. M.O.T.E.

M.O.T.E. New Member

Oh Darn , i was hoping that woun'nt happen..... :hit:
  4. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

im looking positively on things.. thats the only way to achieve things i reckon, by looking positively,...
  5. M.O.T.E.

M.O.T.E. New Member

Good Answer!
  6. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

No matter where you Go .........

There you ARe

Great post MOTE
  7. phoenix

phoenix New Member

I loathe to watch the news. Far too depressing.

Often feel the world leaders need to be taken firmly in hard and have the s#*t shaken out of them..I mean WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?????
  8. Punkie212

Punkie212 New Member

we are in hell:hit:
  9. sack

sack New Member

america will be the end of the world! :p
  10. M.O.T.E.

M.O.T.E. New Member

we tied so far! :) :)
  11. Nemmy700

Nemmy700 New Member

i think i recognize the first choice:
    To hell in a hand basket
    from vice city... uhhh i think it was VCPR? lol correct me if im wrong, but i think i heard that phrase there :p
  12. M.O.T.E.

M.O.T.E. New Member

ah , know idea, its an old one though
  13. alcozma

alcozma 'Cozi from Ozi

...I really do worry about the school age generation having no consideration for their fellow man... My mother mentors abused children and recently she was at a school walking with one of these children during the lunch break - she fell and twisted her ankle and hurt herself quite badly yet not one student tried to help her or get help they just stood around staring at her sprawled on the ground.
    I don't know what other people think but I would have run to help in any way I can! I find myself helping old ladies across the street and offering help to people in distress quite often - but more and more I see young school age people between say 13 and 17 just ignoring this and looking the other way.... This is my concern about 'what the world is coming to' the next generation just doesn't seem to care about their fellow man - they only look out for number 1! *sigh*
  14. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Agree with Alcozma, the younger generation seem generally disaffected, unwilling to help, get drunk at an early age, can be foul mouthed, noisy and inconsiderate, there are some exceptions as always but there is a distinct malaise in school and even when getting the bus back from town at 3.30pm with a bunch of extremely noisy, rude to the driver schoolkids is not my scene.
  15. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

sad trend but true.. whos to blame?
  16. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

TV, MTV,Playstation, Daycare, working parents, social services, neighbors, society penis envy, breast enhancements,

okok
  17. VenagE

VenagE All that Jelly , No ToasT

I believe the answer everyone is looking for doesn't exist because the one and only who can answer that question is :

GOD

just like Ralph said , Look positively to the future and enjoy your life , After all we all live only 1 time ...
  18. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

In defense of children,
    I was involved totally with my local school board since kindergarten as Parent AdvisoryChair, driver for field trips,sports teams,Walking school bus, reading programs, skating, generally I was around all the time, since I played at nights,( the teachers loved me ) I saw first hand how students excelled in areas like food bank drives, book fairs, mentoring programs, basically give them a rewarding challenge and watch them shine and take ownership of the commitment, and it wasn't only a few , it was all of them.
    I did all this volunteering to see who my kids were hanging out with and which ones were the ' bad' apples and the spin- off was that now they are all in high school and they still come up to me to let me know their 'news' because I never sat in judgement of them and a lot of them will excell after graduating ...........

But you know what ......... after 12 years of knowing all of them I still have met only a handful of their parents.
    That to me is one of the problems. 'rents' drop them off, pick them up, never show up for student-led conferences ..... too busy .. too busy .. start getting involved in your childrens lives and you will reap more rewards than you know existed..

WAY TO GO ALL YOU TEACHERS WHO LOVE THEIR JOBS

end of steaming rant ....................