what program do you use to compose MIDI ?

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by Eminem, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Eminem

Eminem New Member

HI
    I JUST WANT 2 KNOW WUT PROGRM DO U US3 2 COMPOS3 MIDIS
    AND WUT DO U SAY ABOUT FRUITY LOOPS..
  2. david2436

david2436 New Member

i use noteworthy composer, cheap compared to others but nice and easy to use and input music
  3. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Please use a more decent and standardised approach for communicating here. That form of orthography takes much longer to produce, and seriously looks much worse. Leave it to the chat channels, please.

There are plenty of MIDI sequencers laying around... Go to www.Google.com and run a search there for about 167,000 hits, or search MIDIBuddy for at least 276 definite results. Fruity Loops is not a true MIDI sequencer. For a more direct and simple approach, go to Hitsquad's SharewareMusicMachine.com MIDI Sequencer List.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  4. kuerbo

kuerbo New Member

Fruity Loops is for samples i think. I use Cubase SX to wotk with audio and midi files. Expensive but cool as hell.
  5. Flame

Flame New Member

I use Noteworthy Composer, you can download it from the site as an evaluation, but you can still make midis without having to register it! Plus its really easy to use!
  6. jonfinch22

jonfinch22 New Member

Midi Sequencing

I found Cubase to be a very easy and worthy program to use... if you no of a computer lab that has it on it, great... I use the music computer lab at my college...

I also find it is easy to use Finale (a composing program) it allows you to choose from a lot of differen instruments, compose your own stuff, or arrange someone elses... put in all the notes you want, add some extra counter melodies... etc etc.. then you can save it as a midi file and bring it over to cubase and then cubase will make it sound more proffesional, and not so much like a computer playing it... then you can go further and save it as a wav from cubase, and insert it into cool edit pro... and you can edit the sound quality as well as add in your own voice/lyrics.... essentially you could write, play and sing your own original song if you wanted to and have it come out with really decent sound quality...
  7. xjcdentonx

xjcdentonx Guest

I've tried to use the demo or trial version software, but it doesn't work. I'd like to know of any free programs that will create (good) MIDI files.
  8. james

james New Member

I use both cakewalk 9 and sonar 2.2 to produce midis using the asio feature means i can play in real time on the keyboard. not cheap but very good
  9. starblaster1

starblaster1 New Member

i find that cakewalk's sonar is one of the best programs to use, since it is so easy, but it gives an amazing finishing result
  10. musikman1

musikman1 New Member

I don't know if it's the best, but it's probably moot because you can't get it. :0

I use Voyetra's Seq Plus Gold.. Most of my stuff is 60-90 tracks and multi-port, non GM/GS.. Polyphony up to 200 or so notes..

I do full orch stuff here for a living..
  11. robbith

robbith New Member

Logic Audio Platinum. Best audio software i've ever used - that's probably because changing programs is like changing your language.. It's too complicated to use something else and because i've used Logic Audio all my life i'm used to how it operates.
  12. Northwave305

Northwave305 New Member

I agree. Heck, I can barely read plain English as it is.

I use Reason for a lot of compositions, for sequencing and programming. Ableton Live is also a great program. If you are looking for a program to only compose MIDI, and nothing else, these programs may be a little much.
  13. 0dB

0dB New Member

I use Cubase SX, it was worth spending the extra cash and not going for one of the cheaper MIDI software suits.

I've been playing about with a demo of Ableton Live recently, not a bad piece of software for arranging but the MIDI needs a lot of work to meet the standards of SX, Logic or Sonar
  14. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 , it a great midi/audio sequencer it's simple yet power, and it's cheap. ;)
  15. bungalowbill

bungalowbill New Member

I've used emagic Logic for a long time. Was using Logic Audio Gold up to version 4.8, and stayed with this until recently.
    I've now 'upgraded' to Logic Express, which is v cheap and incredibly powerful. It's bundled with plenty of plugin stuff - sample player, synths, fx and processors. The new version (7) has even more.
  16. chopsticks12

chopsticks12 New Member

I'm not sure if this question belongs here, but does anyone know of any hardcore music composition software for PC? I want to be able to write my own music on the computer, and then print out the music or save it and distribute it to others.
  17. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Sibelius's main feature is the ability to print out accurate sheet music. It even automatically quantises imported MIDI files if it is necessary. Also, look in to the Cakewalk line of products, which can be more powerful in the other realms of music composition.
  18. spicer23

spicer23 New Member

i use reason 2.5 or logic
  19. Zanarkand

Zanarkand New Member

I use Cakewalk Homestudio 2002
  20. iamwubbie

iamwubbie New Member

Has anyone tried midi illustrator before?