What program you use for edit audio?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by pizzagreezi, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Adobe Audition v1.0 was exactly the same as CoolEdit Pro v2.1a (other than a few minor additions, such as hooks into some of Adobe's other software). For most users, there was absolutely no difference between these two applications, other than a change of name.

Adobe have now released AA v1.5 and this does have some new toys to play with and could certainly be considered an improvement over the old CEP.

The main drawback is that it does not understand ASIO - you have to use WDM drivers or something similar - and, for users of this forum, it's midi capabilities are virtually zero (you can play a midi file, but not edit it or record a new one) although it is possible to sync lock it to a midi sequencer.

It's still a very fine audio editor and has a lot of useful tricks for those in the restoration game (again, not for most here, of course).
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Oh, it still does the job for the virtual sampler, but I tend to feel disgust whenever I try to access the program with an unknown extension, lose all of my 100 or so favorites list during an upgrade, and how I can't edit by INI any more.