What ya doin for new year?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by woodyk, Dec 14, 2003.

1. woodyk

woodyk New Member

What will people be doing this new year. Going out, staying in, Doing neither????:confused2
  2. Nyxan

Nyxan It wont hurt for long Staff Member Moderator

Playing....drinking........playing up (if my one and only manages to get here)
  3. Si

Si Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Alas I'm working night shift New Years Eve...
  4. woodyk

woodyk New Member

Where ya at working on new year. I'll be thinking of you. Have a good one.
  5. Si

Si Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Thanks woody. I'll be picking up all the people who will be celebrating New Year a bit too much and taking them to hospital to sleep it off no doubt....
  6. TracyS831

TracyS831 Guest

Umm I have a couple options- Either go to a fancy restaruant with Eric #1, A nice club/party with Eric #2, Visit my Navy guy Jared in Virginia, go to a party with Rich, or chill with the family..Im not sure yet but i definately wanna drink and have a good time. The two eric's are over 21 so that helps..but Jared is fun too..so I dont knwo yet Ill have to see if I stop talking ot one of them or...whatever..I feel bad cuz I wanna hang with all of them..but cant do that :-(
  7. Luiza*Cunha

Luiza*Cunha Charmed Trainee with Goa'uld inside! Staff Member Super Mod

I'll stay home with my family and have a good time! :drink:
  8. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

I'll stay home with friends and have a good time.... the house has plenty of spare bedrooms/couches so we invite people here with the understanding that breakfast will be attended ;).... (eating not required.... nor is more than an appearance in the room if the evening has taken its toll!)

Last year hubby invited lots of work folks :(..... I told him that the only way that would happen again is if he hired a staff for the kitchen as well! :)

The current guest list is 5, I'd find a 'staff' if any of y'all want to join in! I have 4 or 5 dozen champagne flutes and a case or two of bubbly in the basement... just RSVP early enough for me to chill it! ;)
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2003
  9. Luiza*Cunha

Luiza*Cunha Charmed Trainee with Goa'uld inside! Staff Member Super Mod

Hey, Jeanie, do you have room for another 5 (this count includes my bedridden grandmother... she doesn't drink though) :)
  10. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

We'd love to drop in if distance travel weren't so inconvenient and expensive...

Sounds great! :)
  11. jeaniesing

I have room for all of yours Luiza... but if you;r coming this far North I think there;'s someone who might wanna skip over this way from the midwest ;).. And a nice chaise in the formal living room with a champagne IV for grammy?? ( ;) kidding! We'll make it a glass of sparkling white grape juice of the non-fermented variety)...

Zel... get here and I shall have the East-wing added on to ;) :p

In the meantime... I shall attempt to complete my working model transporter in the next 2 weeks..... then find some ringtone-lovin' newbs to test it on... :evil: (why don't we have a geek smilie?? we REALLY need a geek smiley!!!)
  12. ZelRiptha

I asked for one, and Si said my avatar would have to do. :p

We need a geek smilie!

(And I've been working on that transporter technology myself...) ;)
  13. desiscratch

desiscratch New Member

well whgt do u know..?? im laying eggs??:)
  14. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

I get to eat. We get big huge platters of whatever. Cakes, and fruit, and lunchmeat, and more cakes, and vegetables, and pastries...mostly cakes...

I'm under the legal age for your party then Jeanie! *salutes* But still I'd be happy to come! I only get to eat and be bored at mine!

We do need a geek smilie! I can't *salute* right without it!
  15. woodyk

woodyk New Member

gosh i wonder if there was a chance that we could meet up???
  16. ZelRiptha

Oi! A fellow geek!!

:bow2: *salutes Black_Kat* :bow:

*presents chrome-plated digital-orrery/stethoscope/periscope/microscope/PDA*

I'd invite you to our geek thread, but it seems to be hovering between an R and PG-13 rating at the moment... ;)
  17. jeaniesing

oOOoOoOo... let's start a new one.... we'll kick anyone out who goes above a PG rating!!!!! You start it Kat.... that way you'll get the MBucks :)

and look what I found! [​IMG] not quite a geek smilie (I'll keep looking... or I'll have to DRAW!).......
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2003
  18. jeaniesing

19. ZelRiptha

Cute! :) Is that a bow tie or a beard? (My resolution is too high... *squints*) Love the horn-rim glasses!
  20. vbrio

vbrio Lavander Lassie Staff Member Moderator

cute smilie, jeanie...

i'll be spending new year with the family since we have are annual reunion at the time. And on the eve of the new year i'll be slaving in the kitchen, cooking (BBQ(chicken and pork), pasta (with 3 different sauces for all age groups), leche flan, baked mussels, refrigerator cake and anything else my mom or grandma contrive for me to cook) food for the whole family and other relatives.

it would be nice to visit you jeanie, but alas i wont be going to america till about march or april. we plan to stay for about 6 to 8 weeks there.