Whats the best sound module( cheap)

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by rknrne, Oct 21, 2002.

1. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

I have an IBM Thinkpad 486 w win95 which I'm very happy using for midi playback My problem is I am looking to buy a sound module (I was using an opcode into a sv88), which is bit irrelevant ). Do I have to spend up to 500. bucks for a new one? or have prices come down somewhere in cyberworld.? What are the big differences in the newer models ( say roland 1080 for eg.)
    and say one a couple years earlier?Do people sell used sound modules?
  2. jon-paul

jon-paul New Member

Depends what you want I have an old roland u220 which is not GM compatible which just means you have to adjust the instrument yoursel instaed of putting in a number. but the sound on it are amazing. you can get extra instrument cards to plug in such as orchestral card or percussion card but you must get the manual if you get a second hand one cos the menues are a nightmare.
  3. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

I actually scored a great deal on a roland 1080 module. There are so many bells & whistles on it, but I only need the GM playback, so I'll have to do some homework reading up on it. Yawnnn
  4. kayo

kayo New Member

jv1010 400 bones prettywell rounded i got it.. i been makin cash off of it....
  5. jmroussel3

jmroussel3 New Member

jv-1010 is good? I'll get one
  6. kingfresh

kingfresh New Member

i like the proteus