what's ur opinion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by §ereña, Jul 25, 2002.

?

well, do u?

1. YES

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. NO

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. §ereña

§ereña **The Original Sin**

Do u think Britney Spears would be respected more as an artist if she put some clothes on?
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2002
  2. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

Well, probably... That, and if she stopped doing soft drink commercials :)
  3. sanders

sanders New Member

i dont think she would be respected any more than she is now..only because there are so many rumor's going on around about her about breast implants, and other crap. she's also a music artist, so the criticism will never end.
  4. hana_dan

hana_dan New Member

probably, cos she wouldn't be seen as selling her looks instead of her talents
  5. willi001

willi001 New Member

Britiny Spears

I have never been a big fan of hers, mainly because I am a rock'n'roller at heart I guess...She is talented and she is good looking, and her publicity agency sure know what they are doing...I always say that time will tell the story..See how long she stays around.I don't think that any of her songs have classic quality. She may be around for years to come!! Look at Madonna, her "Material Girl" days...Everyone was saying the same about her!
    Willi...
  6. §ereña

u do have a point there willi001
  7. tonsorialtom

tonsorialtom New Member

It does,nt matter to the teenagers who like her. that,s the only important thing. I,m 59 and the original rock stars of the 50,s are still important to me. But not today,s kids. She has her fans, let them enjoy her.
    Tom
  8. sarahwaight

sarahwaight New Member

sorry don't like at all

sorry don't like her one bit full stop. lets face it if it wasn't for her looks and and digital stuff that can change her voice to sound good she wouldn't have any of the fans she has now she would be on a corner some where basking
  9. sarahwaight

sarahwaight New Member

sorry forgot to add

i forgot to also say if you lession to baby one mor time and oops i did it again the music is exactly the same only the lyics are different. i know the above the coment was ruff but lets face it its true but at the same time i do respect the people that like her
  10. gengurl

gengurl New Member

Britney Spears

I think if she kept her clothes on she'd have a lot more female fans and a lot less male fans...lol...I guess it all depends on what kind of audience she wants to appeal to - but she really is setting a bad example. She cant sing very well but she can dance - you have to give her that much. Hey, if she dont mind being liked just because guys want in her pants, let her go on until she dies out....
    -Gen})i({
  11. fattypat

fattypat New Member

no one really respected madonna back in the day but she still around now.
  12. §ereña

hmmm good point.......but still........
  13. HaMMerTjE

HaMMerTjE New Member

she just would lose some listeners ..
  14. honeyvixen82

honeyvixen82 New Member

I think Christina Aguilera is alot better than her. Cause Christina has a beautiful voice. Yeah they both dress revealing. But now a days almost all female artists dress like that. If you watch Britney live you will notice that she always lipsyncs. Christina Actually sings with her own voice. Sometimes artists have to lipsync when the show they are on makes them.. But Britney always does it. So we don't know how she would sound live.
  15. revelator

revelator New Member

Maybe someone would see what she's really performing on the screen. This time the majority is distracted by the lack of clothes and I think that's ok.
  16. stel;ogic

stel;ogic New Member

skank

another bint in the endless stream of "pretty" singers .. GET SOME TALENT FIRST !!!

(not a fan)

Steve
  17. Kre

Kre New Member

Clothes or no clothes,... I still hate her.

Kre
  18. LadyPain

LadyPain New Member

Do you really think she'll be respected someday??? I don't think so!
  19. cans_sweetheart

cans_sweetheart New Member

I think that it Britney would be less popular if she dressed differently, because she wouldn't be as interesting anymore. The way she dresses gets her a lot of attention. It may be negative, but it's still attention none the less. I also think that the audience she appeals to, that being young girls and teenagers, is more interested in watching her dance and looking at her clothes than hearing her sing. No one really cares if her songs are really musical, as long as they're catchy and she has some new dance moves to go along with them. That's why no one cares that much when she lipsyncs, because they're more interested in her dancing and the way she looks. When 'I'm A Slave For You' came out, everyone got all upset because Britney was dressing so revealing and her video was people rubbing all against each other and some guy licking her and all that, but all the attention from it got the video played constantly, and it was a really successful song. That's the way she gets publicity.
    Britney and Christina Aguilera and really well-known, successful female singers right now, and they both dress the same way and have similar videos. If they were to stop doing that, I really think no one would care about them anymore. Look at singers like Jessica Simpson, or Mandy Moore, who tried to look all innocent. What ever happened to them? They're not around anymore, because no one really cares. Christina Aguilera dissapeared for a while, then she came back with this new sexy image and now she's really popular again. That's the way they can make it, and I say good for them.
  20. xj911

xj911 We Todd ED Staff Member Moderator

I think i would respect her more with less clothes.

I mean look at Madonna and all the playboy and nude pics she's done.