what's your major??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by feimuijai, Feb 18, 2004.

1. feimuijai

feimuijai New Member

my major is Computer science, but i ****ing hate it now
    i wish i could go back and change it to computer art / animation / graphic design... =[
  2. ski_power

ski_power Quark

Major what?
  3. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

heheheh - Major in college/university...... US college students seem to believe that everyone in the world is a college student.... At least we did when I was there!
  4. ski_power

ski_power Quark

Oh, i'm still in 12th. One year younger though, than the average age.(all thanks to the stupid dbl. promotion)
  5. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Hehehe... I went the opposite direction I just finished my phd in the same subject... was a graphic designer ...still freelance every now and then when I can find the time. My advice stick with it... besides if you do indeed go into graphic design and actually enjoy it the cs skills will certainly be handy. Just be very certain to ask yourself why you want to leave that field or any field... but since the fields are so closely related? (I actually have a very close friend and his wife I attended university with and he lives there in Brooklyn anyway, he despised graphic design and now he's a rather well known graphic designer there in NYC ). I myself have a tendency to not go into the fields of my degrees! What's a degree? :laugh2:
  6. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

I'm a major...major pain in the ars! :p I mean, think of alllll the sugar my parent's have to supply......it's sad really...:p
    I major in acting, eating, sleeping, and cartwheeling out windows.......who wants my job?!?! *holds up brain*
  7. jeaniesing

I went into school sure I could complete a bio and a Music degree simultaneously... family finances (have a younger bro) only allowed me 4 years in school so I dropped the bio degree plans...

Answer: Music Ed.... 15 years ago ;)
  8. ski_power

ski_power Quark

Still in One.
    My finals are starting on Monday though :yawn:
  9. gebby

gebby Member

Lit. Studies and Business Software Programming.
    There's an odd pair
  10. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Electrical Engineering - not that I use it much at all any more. :rolleyes:
  11. vbrio

vbrio Lavander Lassie Staff Member Moderator

i have a b.s. degree in Business Administration. i was able to apply it for about a year and a half. then i moved into software development and have stuck with this for the past 5 years. :laugh2:
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  12. ski_power

ski_power Quark

I'm gonna go into mechanical engineering.
  13. jeaniesing

Hah!!! Many of my bestest friends in the world have been mechanical engineers.....

Please say you have common sense and a visual mind.... Always bugged me that most of those mechanical engineers needed me to load the car for them for everything to fit.......
  14. feimuijai

feimuijai New Member

i guess that's why i picked CS instead of art/graphic at the beginning, but i didnt know its this hard so this much bs... all the big-O(log n) i dont CARE how fast a program run... i dont care what kind of chips they use, cos my computer is running well...
    yet i guess you and everyone else is right, i should stay... but it's really discourging... i have absolutely no motivation... and i hate that more than i hate CS... =T
    thanks anyway
  15. jeaniesing

How many years do you have in it fei? 'Cause finishing a degree is one thing... but working in a job you hate for your lifetime is considerably less-than-cool. Its well worth shifting gears and retrenching while you're young to set yourself up for a happy existence. If not for yourself think of your future spouse/children/people in your life. If work is nothing more than the daily grind YOU won't be the best person you can be and they will bear the brunt of it, unfortunate as it may seem.

Again... how many years do you have in.... if its 2 I say change now... no matter what financial juggling you need do to further your education. If this is the end of the third year consider finishing but think in terms of a job that will allow you to further your education IMMEDIATELY to get into something you want!
  16. ski_power

ski_power Quark

Sure, I've got common sense(yeah, yeah, you know. That's what we all say, right?)

I didn't get you on the loading the car part.(maybe I'm dumb, maybe)
    Please explain again.
  17. WW1000

WW1000 New Member

Many future computer genius' in here! ;-)
  18. ski_power

ski_power Quark

:jawdrop: huh? me, genius??? :jawdrop:
  19. trenycefan

trenycefan New Member

I am a Science major.
  20. feimuijai

feimuijai New Member

im in my junior year 2nd semester now... very hopefully i would graduate on time