where do files go once you download them?

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by toots82, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toots82

toots82 New Member

hi, I recently download a file and I don't know where it was saved to on my computer... can you help?!

Thanks!
  2. NaDuHCoP

NaDuHCoP MIDI COP

Well, for me...When I download a file, my Windows Media Player opens up and plays the file. I then just simply goto Save As to save the song to where-ever I choose.
  3. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

2 things toots.... read this: http://board.midibuddy.net/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=3#125

Annnnd... assuming you're windows based..... right click on the 'start' button and choose "find". Direct the drop down box to search your C Drive then type in the name of a portion of the name into the top box. When you hit "find" (or maybe its "search"?) the results will appear in the lower window complete with a path to follow to get to it.... like C:\Windows\Profiles\Jeanie\MyDocuments.... now I know to click into the C drive under "My Computer", then the folder "profiles", then the folder "Jeanie" then the folder "MyDocuments".... (yeahhh - there are shortcuts to MyDocuments if you end up looking there!). Works for way more than MIDI files too!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.