Which band/singer is most of a poser?

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by spiralout, Mar 20, 2004.

?

Which is punk poser is the worst?

1. Avril Lavigne

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  2. Simple Plan

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Good Charlotte (aah im probably getting myself into hot water!)

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. promethias

promethias New Member

Any emocore or punkcore band is a poser, they know it, also same goes for dashboard confessional.
  2. blue920

blue920 New Member

avril is cool but i heard she cant play the guitar and i still have no idea if this is true
  3. Kanix

Kanix New Member

Going by what little I've heard, she isn't much of a guitarist. The guitar is probably more to complement the "I'm not Britney, I actually know music" image than it is to reflect any musical talent, or lack thereof, of Avril Lavigne.

'nother poser band? Papa Roach, one of the most laughable bands of the new-metal movement.
  4. orozcomg

orozcomg New Member

5. Kanix

Kanix New Member

Yet another poser band - Slipknot, who apparently have the impression they're the best thing that happened to music since Beethoven went deaf.
  6. bunniboo

bunniboo New Member

I'd say probably Avril.

I have no idea how some of you can say that Evanescence is a poseur band though. They're genre is pop/rock. That's what they are too. Amy Lee writes all of her songs.. her lyrics are deep and very emotional sometimes! Oh well.. everyone has their own opinions just like I've made mine ^_^
  7. ademakid212

ademakid212 New Member

im gunna say avril just bc i hate her
  8. Airb330

Airb330 New Member

Avril, she's lucky she can sing (but yeah, she isn't punk). She quit school and has a nasty attitude.
  9. fearthemamba

fearthemamba New Member

I despise them all
  10. alycia

alycia New Member

avril...she finally did admit that she is pop in an interview though
  11. kalia

kalia New Member

i voted for GC... :D

concerning avril:
    she never fu**ing said she was punkrock!! she is definitely pop and that's what she says if asked.
    well, she couldn't really play the guitar at the beginning of her career, but she learned and is now doing pretty well :assskake:
  12. unclegrimey

unclegrimey New Member

good charlotte has my vote. I absolutely hate the band.
  13. kid_vicious

kid_vicious New Member

there all posers in my eyes, i used 2 like gc but there all about the money not the music, talk about sell outs! I have to laugh tho GC make fun of avril cos she is a poser and im thinkin dudes ur freakin posers!!!!
  14. socrgrl21

socrgrl21 New Member

Avril is a total poser... "I hate the world... the world hates me! I don't care what people think of me b/c i hate them all...":hit:
  15. warrenaxe

warrenaxe New Member

Oasis were the ultimate posers!!!
  16. DarkMirror20

DarkMirror20 New Member

If Avril Lavigne could actually sing and Simple Plan could actually write more than the same tune over and over again, then I'd give them at least a little credit for having talent. Since NEITHER of them can do ANYTHING talented, I suppose Good Charlotte was ok in the beginning (before they got really big). My vote for biggest poser Simple Plan, runner-up Avril Lavigne!
  17. bluechips

bluechips New Member

am struggling with simple plan a bit...their instruments sound rock but their lyrics and basic melody are quite boyband-ish
  18. HIM_Rawks

HIM_Rawks New Member

Avril sucks. She just generally annoys the heck out of me but I don't think you should bash Good Charlotte...They're a great comedy act for deaf people.
  19. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

Personally even though I don't mind GC, I do have to vote for them here. When I listen to them, I really don't feel like I'm listening to rock, no offence to any of their fans.

I haven't heard a lot of Simple Plan, so I can't say much.

Avril.... uhh... kinda but not really. I don't think her first album was punk, even though it definitely wasn't pop. I think you can't really stereotype the music she makes fairly. But from what I've heard, Under My Skin is hard rock. And she is doing well with playing the guitar.

And I have no idea where LP and Evanescence came in. And whoever says they suck better watch their backs, cause they have fan bases the size of cults. Things can get bloody, it can get ugly (I speak from experience.)
  20. britsluver

britsluver New Member

Avril is so not pop, I would classify her as being rock, soft rock not hard rock.

As for Simple Plan, they are better than Good Charlotte who are like so two years ago, silly doodle heads