Why are we here?

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by bob10^1000, Feb 18, 2003.

1. bob10^1000

bob10^1000 New Member

I recently joined this forum, and I was having trouble getting hold of MIDI files. I've been able to listen to them, but because I don't get access to the actual MIDI file itself, I don't get to save it to disc.

This got me thinking about who uses the MIDI format. Until today I had assumed it was just musicians who didn't have the time or the ability to work things out by ear so they could get a score that you could listen to while reading. However, unless I'm making a big mistake in the way I'm using this service, that isn't possible here. So, do people use this site to get music just to listen to, or are we all musicians?
  2. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

Well..I for one am a Lazy Musician.......Why reinvent the wheel...mind you.. if i can't find a file I will sequence from scratch

try the ol' right click save as........

Dave
  3. bob10^1000

bob10^1000 New Member

The right clicking business doesn't work, but I'm not worried about that really
    I'm quite upset that this has been moved from chat to newbie. Did the person responsible read the whole post or just the first few lines?
    Who can say? So, as an act of passive resistance, I am going to start another thread in chat, posing the same question without the newbie bit at the beggining. If you want to partake in this discussion further, and can be arsed, please go to chat.(If I get moved again I'm giving up)
  4. scoeter

scoeter New Member

poor baby soek
  5. Nyxan

Nyxan It wont hurt for long Staff Member Moderator

why get so upset bob -- you asked a question got an answer - it didn't work. The idea would be to wait for another answer like maybe you hadn't made five posts as stated in the FAQ.
    Not point getting your tail in a spin because you were moved to a different thread. I get moved all the time - no sweat.
    by the way here's the link to the FAQ in case you missed it

http://board.midibuddy.net/misc.php?s=&action=faq