why creating karaoke is a possible thing !

Discussion in 'Karaoke Files' started by pseudomenace, Aug 9, 2004.

1. pseudomenace

pseudomenace New Member

hi !

someone on this board is saying that creating 50 midi files/day is impossible ! well it's hard that's all !

i've created 35 midi files/ day !
    i'm really a lover of karaoke ! (i spent many time-life ! creating my files !)

it seems after many thousands of working on midi files that it is an automatic action (it became for me like a game !)

please, enjoy creating midi files !

don't care and listen to those say that is too hard or too difficult, they are weak creators (nammed the mselves professionals !) but in real afraid that anyone could one day create midi files in profesionnal way !

god bless karaoke !
  2. midiprog2000

midiprog2000 New Member

Hi,

You wrote:
    "... i've created 35 midi files/ day !..."
    and:
    "... but in real afraid that anyone could one day create midi files in profesionnal way ! ..."

Professional ? By spending less than an hour per midifile (that is: even if you don't sleep, eat, work, have a girlfriend etc...), creating it from scratch as you mentionned in your message ???

Yeah, right...
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  3. bigBOSS97

bigBOSS97 Member

Let's make a more realistic estimation, we need 4 hours sleep. Eating and going to toilet, we can do that all while we are listening to the music :)

So, 20 hours for 35 songs ==> ~34min per song. We need to listen to the original song at least once and our end product once. Let's say each takes 3min. Then we have 29min left to play the music. I assume (I'm not musician), we need to play track by track. So, for a 3min song we still can play 9 tracks.
    Provided we won't fall asleep and make too many mistakes :)
  4. midiprog2000

midiprog2000 New Member

Hi bigBOSS97,

I think you are a bit underestimating what it takes to make a good midi/karaoke track. Fi in your calculation, you forgot to mention that you need to mix the midifile, and need to make a setup for the file, and for karaoke you need to add synchronized lyrics.

And you can't play all instruments on your keyboard: good guitar tracks takes a lot of editing (sometimes a quarter of an hour for only a few bars !). You can't play drumtracks in one take on a keyboard, and they need editing too.

And other tracks that can be played on a keyboard need some correction, or midi compression, or quantization, or other editing work.

And what about songs with 3 or more guitar tracks, or string tracks: sometimes VERY difficult to analize which guitar/string instrument is doing what. By the time you figured it all out, another half an hour (at least) is already gone.

Listening once to the original won't be enough to analize it, listening once to your final product won't be enough to do the mix.

If you start programming for one hour, you probably have only the setup bar and the intro, and you figured out what instruments are in the original track.

Not to mention that if you're having a bad day, and you can't focus on the music and your programming work, it takes even more time to finish a song.

If you are working 20 hours a day, manage to stay focused, are working on some easy to analize songs that are also easy to play, don't eat or pick up the phone or do something else, I'd say you can program 3 songs in one day. The day after, you're staying in your bed until noon ;-)

It's NOT possible to program 10 or 20 songs in one day.

Kind regards,
    Alain Besseleer
    www.mididesign.be
  5. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

It takes me (on average) 6hours total to complete just drums and bass for 1 song.
  6. Si

Si Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Yes but I expect you get side-tracked? ;)
  7. voice of god

heh, nope thats actually total working time, usually over a couple of days - so yeah I guess i do get sidetracked, lol
  8. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

I think there's a little sarcasm in BigBoss97's remarks. ;)

I'm a perfectionist. I don't consider a file complete until it pretty much duplicates the original. That takes dozens of hours. Just to get a working analog with all instruments in place and most parts covered takes at least 4-5 hours, and that's with generous cutting and pasting and minimal editing. And also assuming the song in question doesn't pose many listening difficulties, and doesn't have some radical solo lines, guitar strumming, or some other very human-sounding activities, which alone can account for more than half the time spent on a good file.
  9. pseudomenace

pseudomenace New Member

35 karaoke files day production possible !!!

why is it possible for me !

simple most of them (around 30 000) before lyrics synchronization (just the right midi file) have been created by a friend (a professional musician and real experiment composer !) who gave me them !

so on some files the copyright include my friend also but on the others (20 000) just me !

i didn't say that before, because i was expecting the reactiosn of some readers on this board !

hey you professionals of karaoke don't worry i'm not here to say that you are not good or that you don't be exist ! i'm just here to say that everybody could and should create karaoke files !

god bless karaoke !
  10. bigBOSS97

bigBOSS97 Member

midiprog2000 wrote:
    "I think you are a bit underestimating what it takes to make a good midi/karaoke track. Fi in your calculation, you forgot to mention that you need to mix the midifile, and need to make a setup for the file, and for karaoke you need to add synchronized lyrics."
    I, as zero-musician, have full respect in all kind of work of a musician. I'm not saying, that's a simple job. I'm only making fun of the fact 35/day and making fun of a typical engineer (myself) calculation :) You can see the smily face attached to my previous message and all my assumptions, e.g. listen to music in the toilet.

Btw, I need AT LEAST 1/2h to synchronize the lyrics while people doing it in 10min.

I'm very sorry, that my message came over a bit different as expected :)
  11. midiprog2000

midiprog2000 New Member

Hi bigBOSS97,

Don't feel sorry ! I didn't read between the lines, my mistake ;-)

I was probably a bit overheated when I replied. Some people here seem to have no respect for other people's work, and it's sometimes very frustrating to see it happen.

Alain
  12. bigBOSS97

bigBOSS97 Member

ZelRiptha wrote:
    "I'm a perfectionist. I don't consider a file complete until it pretty much duplicates the original. That takes dozens of hours. Just to get a working analog with all instruments in place and most parts covered takes at least 4-5 hours, and that's with generous cutting and pasting and minimal editing."
    I can fully understand that. I don't wonder at all, if only drum and bass take 6h. I know, music is art and if you are doing art work it's not just to get something over as soon as possible. You have to work on it until it satisfy your expectation. I'm not a musician, but I do draw and paint.

Again, sorry that my message was not clear enough. But hopefully you know what I mean now :)
  13. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Oh, I'm sorry. I did understand that you were joking. My detailed description (2nd paragraph) was following more of what Si and VoG were talking about - time it really takes to sequence. So no worries! :) :) :)
  14. voice of god

lol

ok so the moral of the story is - when is it possible to create 35 midis a day? ans.= when they're already done:confused2

pseudo, do u mean you create 35 entire midis a day, or add words to 35 exisiting midis per day?
  15. pseudomenace

pseudomenace New Member

35 midis/day explanation II

"pseudo, do u mean you create 35 entire midis a day, or add words to 35 exisiting midis per day?"

i mean that between creating a new midi file with karaoke and adding lyrics to an existing midi file, in rea li do both (but more synchronization of lyrics !), os that let me create 35 karaoke files/day !

best regards,