Windows OS

Discussion in 'Computers' started by midicreatore, Jun 6, 2003.

1. midicreatore

midicreatore New Member

What windows version is the best?
  2. lrdfang

lrdfang New Member

xp all the way man then maybe longhorn when it come out
  3. jayrXP

jayrXP New Member

i guess the latest would be the best so i would go with WinXP. but most hardware are not XP compatible so WinME would be the safest choice if you are upgrading a really old PC. :)
  4. Nookie 3:16®

Nookie 3:16® Battousai: MIDI Slasher

im using xp and me :)
  5. Zandro

Zandro New Member

ME is the most unstable OS ever built. Win2000 appears to be more stable than XP, but has less features.
  6. car

car New Member

I think Windows XP is the best version of windows at the moment.
  7. andrewg

andrewg New Member

me = total poo
    2k = good and stable but no themes adn so on
    xp = 2k with themes and shit liek that
  8. ||SysTeM||

||SysTeM|| New Member

I used to like win 98 alot till i got winxp, it seems alot faster, and more things for it to customize it the way you want it... But the truth is, the best os out there is whatever best suites your needs. Not what other people say, BUt its still good to read other users opionions about the differnt windows OS's and more.
  9. choy

choy New Member

for me its win2k. i'm waiting for the next version of XP, just like win98 has a lot of improvements over 95, the next xp should be a step ahead of the current xp, which i suppose is the first in its generation
  10. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Best Windows OS must be Win98 as I have little problem with it for the last 5 years. Hate XP and ME but 2000 is good for the server or file storage which is what I use it for. Win 95 was good or even 3.11. I remember using them in the NHS about 6 to 8 years ago!
  11. jesh411

jesh411 New Member

xp is fine
  12. demonfi

demonfi New Member

i think xp owns all , its very stable for me
  13. hitman1989

hitman1989 New Member

OS

I definitely agree that XP looks and feels the best, but so many programs dont run, or run badly on XP. I also dont like the fact that XP seems to have advertising programs in it. I also find XP comes up with so many error messages, that windows 98 will always be my preference, due to the fact it works better (for me)
  14. evilgenius

evilgenius New Member

What is the best OS out in the market right now.......i heared that there is a new one coming out called Windows Longhorn
  15. magnetxtreme

magnetxtreme New Member

The XP Media Center Edition and TabletPC is the Best of all
  16. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

Depends on what you're doing.
    Linux/*nix is the OS that drives the internet, and it's getting better and better for regular desktop use every day.
    It's also attractively priced at FREE (for a download-and-burn-your-own-CD situation). Otherwise you can get a full boxed set for anywhere from Free to 70$ (or so) depending on the distribution and included software.
    WinXP Professional, you pay about 300$ (for the full installation at best buy). You get a manual and one CD... If you time it right, you might get a free month of AOL Internet with it (from Best Buy - NOT Miscrosoft).
    Linux SuSe Professional 8.2 (also at best buy) costs about 50$, and comes with five CD-ROMs, two DVDs, a Quick Install Poster, two manuals and 90 days of installation support.
    Bit of a difference, huh? Linux comes with Apache Web Server, mySQL Server, FTP server(s), Mail Exchanges/sendmail, all the compilers and development tools you could hope for, games, chat/IM/msg/ftp/irc/mail client(s), a built-in firewall, NO built-in spyware and a ton more... If you wanted all this extra stuff with Windows, their equivalent would cost you hundreds and hundreds (and hundreds) $ more.

Support these competitive Operating Systems, guys. They are excellent (and getting better/friendlier), and also they're the only thing standing between Microsoft and their greedy conquer-the-world B.S.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2003