Windows XP Sucks!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by CyberCat, Mar 7, 2003.

1. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

I just wanted to know how everyone else views the XP operating system. I've used it a lot and I hate it. It seems very slow and bloated. It is not very secure either I understand? The way it has to be activated, to keep using it, what would you do if you wanted to put it on your other machines? Also what if Microsoft remotely disabled my machine?

:confused2

I want SPEED, not a green Start button!!! :mad:
    [​IMG]

And let's not forget that it says 'USE MICROSOFT PASSPORT' more than any previous Windows version. If you already have an account, don't read the passport EULA. If you don't have one, read it to get a good laugh. It basically says 'All Your Private Data Are Belong To Us'. :laugh:
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  2. RockOn

RockOn New Member

The whole Windows world infuriates me, but it's what we're forced to live with.

Yes, I hate XP. They are clearly trying to rip off the Mac interface and featrues, and what they have done is just horribly insulting. Especially considering the fact that they make about $50 billion (yes, $50 billion) a year, that you'd think they'd be able to spend just a little bit of that on making their products more quality and original. But, if you're upgrading from a previous OS to XP, it's better just to buy a new computer.
  3. superT92346

superT92346 New Member

yea, i'm still using windows 98. Stuck in the old days. I heard windows 2000 is the most stable tho after u download the updates.
  4. mkstyles

mkstyles New Member

XP has some nice features (photo viewer/thumbnails for video are good) but is buggy as hell. I'll stick with 98!
  5. ermines

ermines New Member

then try this great new os.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

6. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

hahaha, damn thats clever
  7. X2kNasty

X2kNasty New Member

I GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!
    XP SUX!!!
  8. spiceboy78

spiceboy78 New Member

xp is ok for me i like the thumbnails and windows media player 9 update for xp is cool download it free

from www.download.com

and moreover i like the icons and stuff much more softer look
  9. Darkstaff

Darkstaff New Member

Can you remind me the price you pay for Windows XP at home ?

Do you think there is anything better for that price ?

Is there anything you cannot do with your PC ?

pfff
  10. gxnl

gxnl New Member

xp sux.

i won't argue that you have to use other os but xp sux...
  11. eireboy

eireboy New Member

ive gone back to 98 and will stick with it until microsoft take their fingers out of their a***s and give us something that works first time round.
  12. spiceboy78

spiceboy78 New Member

why

why do u think xp sux ...????:confused2
  13. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Okay, so the new interface IS cool, BUT just because it looks cool doesn't mean it's any good! In fact I accualy REALLY like the new interface, it's really slick! But that doesn't mean that it's any good functionally. Functionally I HATE XP! I'd much rather have a computer that actually does somthing useful, father a computer that just looks really cool that I can't to anything with! Isn't usefullness the whole point of a computer in the first place?

That's were I'm comming from.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2003
  14. slaminsammie

slaminsammie jeaniesing faveblueturnip

ours was put on there for free it takes up alot o space in the memory so my computer is s-l-o-w
  15. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

I don't like XP either - aside from all the built-in spyware (run a board search for XPAntispy to find a utility here to disable the spyware), I hate the interface and the fact that it is bloated/sluggish.

I use Win2k on most of my machines.
    By far my favorite Win OS breed...
    But still shit compared to Linux (pick your flavor).
  16. hezdanswe2

hezdanswe2 New Member

well, windows xp is actually very secure if set up properly. And, it will perform extremely well if you have the hardware to support it!
  17. djsiesta

djsiesta New Member

me likes xp
  18. ryeman

ryeman GREEN MACHINE

If you think the restrictions(registration) are getting bad now, just wait a couple more years.
  19. xDeLiRiOuSx

xDeLiRiOuSx New Member

XP is by far my favorite OS, it has barely crashed and it works well with most of my applications.

David
  20. sheffers

sheffers New Member

XP should work well for you as long as as you put a little muscle (1.2Mhz+) and a lot of ram (256MB+) behind it.

It works even better if you can install it on a freshly formatted drive, rather than upgrade. (Unfortunately, you'll need to find all those progs you "borrowed")

Another thing that will make XP (or any OS) healthier>> get rid of adware and spyware:
    First, switch to a p2p app (like WinMX) that won't infect your OS with adware and spyware.
    Second, run a utility like AD-Aware (http://www.lavasoftusa.com) to get rid of any cpu-wasting garbage that is hanging out on your system. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then your system is probably full of these little gems.

One of the many COOL things I like about XP is the Windows Messenger (/NetMeeting) implementation. If we both have that version, then we can remotely view each others' session. This is an incredible trouble-shooting tool.

The Plug & Play is simply kick-ass, as well.

I'm not a Microsoft nut by any means, but if we can just hang out and survive a couple of service packs, XP will probably start to shine. On the other hand, I predict that 5 or 6 years from now, this board will have folks who will be cursing the latest OS offering from Microsoft and swearing that nothing is as stable as "good ol' XP".
    ;)
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2003