Windows XP Sucks!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by CyberCat, Mar 7, 2003.

1. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Wow! I didn't realise this old thread was still around! :D

Have you ever heard of WindowsBlinds?
    You get the look of XP (plus many others) but you can still be using 2000.
  2. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

I'm sorry but that's lame yes ce and nt are very stable but omg Windows ME was very crash happy.

There's also something i've noticed from people bashing on XP is that they don't have enough memory. This is the scale I go by and it's surely kept me above of the mainstream for a long time.

Windows XP should have atleast 512 mb of ram, xp uses a minumum of 256mb to run, so if you have 256mb of ram currently in your XP machine eh you're basiclly using your hdd as ram (swapping or pagefile).

Windows 2000 should also have 512mb of ram, even though it's not a memory hog as XP, it still surpasses the 128mb limit and does not leave enough free memory to even run photoshop without using it's pagefile (swapping), if it is using 256mb

Windows 98 (1st or 2nd edition) and ME, should have atleast 256mb, 128 is the minumum ram required to run these OS without using swapping.

Windows 95 well uh 128 mb will be fine, since 95 runs comfortably on 32mb of ram.

My old ME machine ran on 256mb (right when 2 128mb ram was the same price as 1 256mb ram.)

My old 2k/XP machine (well same as the ME machine) ran on 256mb at first (hey 256mb of ram those days were $120 each), but got my second 256 ram right before all the new computers came with atleast 256mb of ram.

Current machine runs XP on 1024mb or 1gb of ram. I'm thinking of upgrading to more because it's swapping occasionally. It's either to get a pair of 512mb or buy a pair of 1gb and sell my current pair of 512.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  3. jalba

jalba Member

FOR some reason, i like xp a lot
    I have a friend that has windows 98 and it just keeps freezing up. I love Xp because there is so much new compared to other computers, For instanse multiple users. Anyways i like Xp and i will stick with it until a newer and even better os comes up
    :)
  4. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

jalba, that's sooner than you think because longhorn should be released in 2006 if it don't get delayed anymore.
  5. djloco

djloco New Member

XP is the shizzles:rolleyes:
  6. serdenegnet

serdenegnet New Member

Windows like condon, nobody like it, but everyone use it...
  7. MattyJ

MattyJ New Member

I find this a bit rich.....I´m on Linux right now, which has very little MIDI support, I really miss WINXP.....:(
  8. merianne

merianne New Member

XP is great as long as you optimize it for music production. Check out www.musicxp.net . It's a very cool site.