Windoz XP Pro!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by tavenger5, Nov 26, 2001.

1. ade2055

ade2055 New Member

i have XP familial and millenium and i haven't problems i use XP because he have a beautiful look and he is faster on internet
  2. Sebastian11182

Sebastian11182 New Member

3. pfrsucks

pfrsucks New Member

Windows XP for me

Not much difference between Win2k and WinXP....BUT, XP is soooooooo much better for gaming than 2000.
  4. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

pfrsucks.... this'll make ya laugh..... pfrsucks could stand for....
    post five rule sucks....get it?????????????????????
  5. jachinls

jachinls New Member

I use XP Pro on an IBM Netvista 1.7GHz with 256MB ram. No problems. :)

But I suppose the machine is over specced. My OS of choice is still Mandrake Linux though...
  6. sn4ek

sn4ek New Member

i gots xp pro with it on classic desktop theme and classic start menu...
    it runs purrfectly smoooooth....

ummm...yah....4 posts....almost there....
    damn this is takin long...

wheeeee more smilies :fart:
  7. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

so are you just gonna post 5 posts and download your song, why not stay, we were having so much fun here. Info like that will help feature members.
  8. Platypus

Platypus New Member

been using xp Pro

I"ve been using XP pro at work, and just installed it at home on a PC I have. I think it's great.

Once you either get past or change the playschool color scheme, it runs just as well as 2K, although I have noticed some problems with compatability with older software. Hardware compatability issues you would expect with a new OS, but a program I use at work (non related to anything on this board) would crash explorer everytime I right clicked on the icon. It would run if I double clicked on it, but somehow the right click just did explorer in. What I thought was really great though was that even after explorer crashed, I just got a message saying that explorer crashed and had to be restarted. No real fuss. Win2K would've required a reboot. I think in addition to other changes, XP has become a much more robust version of windows.
  9. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

Kinoy why did you bother to post when nothing you say makes any sense, I'm begining to think you're trash posting.
  10. ANUBIS

ANUBIS New Member

Whatever you guyz do .... stay away from XP... I Have played with it and well... it just sucks... all those features for nothing... and well it will run fine for a month or two, then comes the real good part when your explorer.exe takes up most of yer ram and virtual mem... after that well... the list goes on... stay away if you can...

Windows 2k Pro has been the best OS so far... I've run it for 1 and a half years and no pobs... whatsoever!!!!

CHEERZ
  11. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

anubis are you saying .net will be like that too! I think not, .net is molded after xp and both are build under 2k from the nt kernel. With lineage like that, xp is great compared to the 9X os.

BTW 2k don't support a whole gaggle of games, while xp does with it backward compatibility program, kinda nice to run a program that was designed on 95 run on XP.
  12. Darkflame

Darkflame New Member

XP has better compatibility with games :) but it's also more compatible with finding problems when things just stop working for some odd reason :D
  13. Chivs

Chivs New Member

Funny evansst I typed "Worlds biggest con man" into Google and it came back with Bill Gates. There's a pattern emerging here.

I'm embarassed 2 B a windows developer :(
  14. cen070

cen070 New Member

XP is pretty stable for the non-server windows OS, i've been running since april of 02 and no crashes :)
  15. firehawk2k2

firehawk2k2 Guest

my vote definitely goes to windows 2000. i've been running 2k professional, and now 2k server. i run xp at work, and it's just a prettied up version that's slower and spies on you. so far i've found nothing good about xp other than the fact that it's prettier!
  16. /\/\artyr

/\/\artyr New Member

XP is just 2k dressed up!
  17. conradcliff

conradcliff New Member

anyone know of an activation crack for xp sp1?
  18. in_cog_ni_to

in_cog_ni_to New Member

To "tune" your XP, try tweak-xp.

http://www.tweak-xp.de

There is a free and a 'pro' version.
    Both do a great job.
  19. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

MicroSuck!

Who do you want to copy today?

I don't like XP. It seems slower than Windows 2000, plus it has all thoughs privacy issues. I'm trying to stay away from it as long as I can. Besides Windows 2000 con do everything that I need.

If I had the MONEY I'd through my PC out the window and get a Macintosh! It's wayyyyy better than Windows and MicroSuck, but too bad they cost so much. For the time I'm stuck using Windows.
  20. elskan

elskan New Member

i use xp home, ahd a few probs regarding display but that was just drivers. Found it to be better than 98 and quicker than NT/2k.