Windoz XP

Discussion in 'Computers' started by tavenger5, Oct 26, 2001.

1. marmar63

marmar63 New Member

XP fan. Try the IP over 1394 network if you have the resources; it's awesome. :)
  2. GTO

GTO New Member

XP on a 366 PII

If I can run XP on a 366 Mhz PII then it should fly on a Athlon.
    BTW I don't know what all the fuss is about older programs and games not running on it. Everything I have tryed has run fine if not faster on XP.

Hacked copies of XP are most peoples problems.

If you can't buy the ticket...don't take the ride...

:hit:
  3. scgoo

scgoo New Member

XP is the shizznit
  4. Si

Si Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

I've had a few compatability problems with XP but these have been put right with updated drivers. I'm sticking with it.
  5. dstruct2k

dstruct2k New Member

The only things that won't run are the ancient DOS-mode graphical programs... I wanted to play Ultima 8 today, but remembered that it won't work on the almost-DOS shell that comes with XP. Everything else just runs faster.

And with it using your processor, that's the "System Idle Process" eating it all! It's designed to do that! It's supposed to make sure your processor is always at 100% to prevent virusses from using the processor without XP knowing about it. Whenever the total processor usage drops below 90%, it triggers a check of all system files to make sure nothing has been tampered with, and if it finds a problem, it restores a backup automatically. It takes a tiny bit longer for XP to allocate processor usage to programs when you first run them though.

XP = :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (4/5)
  6. §ereña

§ereña **The Original Sin**

XP Pro is the best out of the XP range and i was fortunate enough to get a burnt copy :thumbsup:

but, like Si said, driver compatibility is the problem :p