Wireless Systems?!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar' started by Bricummo, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Bricummo

Bricummo New Member

Does anybody use one and if so, which one is the best and why?

Cheers!!!!!
  2. Bladez26

Bladez26 New Member

AKG's "The Bug" love it..... you buy the reciever separate from the Bugs, I have two bugs and one reciever, they have a hinged plug for the guitar end, which is great for Fender and Gibson styles.
    A lot of other wireless systems don't fit my Fender properly.
    Oh yeah the Bug also has two different length jacks that can be interchanged to siut your guitar.

Performance wise I had a little trouble with my first bug which was repaired under warenty, since then two bugs have performed flawlessly for the past year and 120 odd gigs.

The sound from the system in great, (Just remember to check the volume knob on the reciever, hehhehe been caught with that a few times!!) Quality is really good and stability great, I have had some dropouts with the system when spining the wrong way and my body gets between the antenna the wrong way and some poles and stacks at venues. (I find this strange as it does work through walls and other objects, just sometimes if the angle is right it will dropout)

Overall, the benefit of wandering a venue is great, from setup (I'm a solo act so to be able to go for a wander and check my sound while playing is invaluble) to partying with the crowd I wouldn't be without a wireless.