wma to mp3?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Eke, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Eke

Eke New Member

Does anyone know of any software to do this? I've got about a thousand audio files but most of them are wma, which i can't use in my video editing app.
  2. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

Hey Eke,
    DBPowerAMP is a great freeware proggy that can do this (and handles a ton of other formats too, like OGG, APE, FLAC, AIFF, etc).
    You can also upgrade to get the "powerpack" (for a very reasonable fee) that allows you to configure everything a little more, integrate with other popular encoders you might have already.
    I posted a little about this in:
    http://degster.com/midi/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1098

Check it out and let me know how it works for you - the URL to download the application is in this thread.

Njoy!
  3. Eke

Eke New Member

Thanks man!

Is it me, or have a few of the boards gone missing?
  4. theARTiSAN

No problem - I use this program several times a day for various things - I love it!

Yes - the Car and Sports Forums are gone now... They were collecting too many BS posts and trash traffic.
    (Disclaimer::: Please excuse this blanket statement if you were one of the several people who actually used those forums the right way)

Ciao!
  5. elementaluk

elementaluk New Member

DBPowerAMP doesn't covert them IF you've took them off CD using Window Media Player (Copyright Issues)
  6. emerala_may17

emerala_may17 New Member

is there any software to record songs as asx format?i wana get that software cos i feel that file size of asx is so small.
  7. theARTiSAN

elementaluk - I think it will, unless the WMA is protected (digital rights management) to only play on the single computer...
    Not sure though, I never work with WMA.

emerala_may17 - Sorry, dunno. I tend to stay away from Microsoft audio formats.
  8. prior

prior New Member

thanx men
  9. Sonny

Sonny New Member

Cakewalk Pryo will convert...and very easy to use. Will convert wav, wma, and mp3's. will take the songs right off the cd without having to copy to hard drive first or using windows media player.