Yamaha QY300 Music Sequencer

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by SputnikBoy, Jun 23, 2005.

1. julpocho

julpocho New Member

Hi Mark453, I will appreciate if you send me a copy of the original files to my email . thank you very much :)
  2. R van Zutphen

R van Zutphen New Member

Hi Mark, I bought a QY300 sequencer via eBay. On delivery from Japan, there was no data disk and the lithium battery for data backup was empty. I now have a totally empty unusable QY300. I got on the Internet around the world searched without success. If you still have an original disk, you can make a copy of it? If possible a 2DD 720 Kb by the QY300 formatted floppy. The costs incurred for this are of course paid. I hope this post you also has reached and that it leads to results. I do not know how we now have more contact with each other. This is the first time that I am on a forum.
  3. mark453

mark453 New Member

Hi there R van Zutphen. Although I have not yet worked out a way to put the qy300 demo disc data into a format for sending via e mail, I am able to copy the demo disc data across to a MF2HD floppy disc. I've just made a copy and re loaded the data on to the qy300 and it works fine. Contact me via e mail at mjlewisuk2002@yahoo.co.uk and we can arrange sending you the floppy through the postal system. If other people on this thread also need a copy let me know. Mark
  4. mark453

mark453 New Member

This is what the original disc looks like along with the MF2HD disc with the demo data. image.jpeg
  5. JamestheSax

JamestheSax New Member

Hi Mark,
    How did you copy it? On a PC? If so, maybe you can just send it as an email attachment. I haven't tried to do this, so it's only a guess. I guess the file says something like Q3S. I've never actually seen a disk for it before, so thanks for the pic.
  6. mark453

mark453 New Member

Hi James,
    I simply loaded the original disc data into the qy300, then using the save all function copied the data to a new disc.
  7. JamestheSax

JamestheSax New Member

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for letting me know.
    Next to "Post reply" is "Upload a file". Do you think it might work for your file?
  8. mark453

mark453 New Member

I'm afraid getting the qy300 data into the iMac to upload is the main issue. I have an external floppy drive but the Mac will not read the qy format data. The straight copy to floppy is the only option at present.
  9. JamestheSax

JamestheSax New Member

Thanks for the info - just an idea.
  10. Marty White

Marty White New Member

Sorry - I can't help with Qy300 but you might want to consider updating to a device that doesn't use floppies. Most new devices have inbuilt USB or SD memory - much more reliable than floppies. I'm using the new MERISH 4 which is a top end model with all the bells and whistles but I just got word that OKYWEB 4 (a stripped down version of M4) is being released in May 2017 through Hit Trax MIDI. The word is it will cost under 1K. If you're interested, contact Hit Trax MIDI and ask for John - he has all the info.