Yippee for the 5 post rule!

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by supastar, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

Hey it's great to hear positivity about the 5 post rule. Generally I reply to posts whinging about it and explaining why it's there. Great you guys!!:thumbsup:
  2. andygiggs

andygiggs New Member

re: 5 post rule

yeah great idea
  3. averi04

averi04 New Member

i agree the five post rule is a good idea
  4. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

Suck ups...
  5. MarkusDaMan

MarkusDaMan New Member

the rule isnt bad, i was searchin the net and now im just trying to get my count up cuz i want Ozzy - Dreamer, but its cool here!
  6. chetsinc

chetsinc New Member

this 5 post thing is surely good, i agree. guyz like us cant just run away with free files without contributing a bit ...

as a contribution, here's a PJ
    "what did 0 say to 8 ?"
    "hey !! nice belt !!"

Chetan Kale
  7. QuAcKeR

QuAcKeR New Member

Keeps out the rif raf! ...and people who can't count to five.
  8. Malot

Malot New Member

It just depends

Depends on whether people will continue to post after they make their 5 posts. Otherwise it is kinda useless. I'm looking forward to checking out the quality.. Oh how I remember the days of playing amiga mod files on my pc using all sorts of "cutting edge" software.
  9. rounty

rounty Guest

Actually I don't know what to say bout that 5 posts rule. On the one hand it really makes sense, supports the community, on the other hand it's frustrating to realize that you've to write 5 posts in order to get that download permission. (Especially if writing English isn't that "floating" to you ;-) ) I really wanna share files, but I've to write 5 junk postings first :-(
  10. SuperKEks

SuperKEks New Member

I don't like that five post rule, either u offer ur midis for free or u dont!
  11. Elias

Elias New Member

Hay - Its like give and take.... You give something nice and take something nice.... Nice way of supporting this community.... Lul
  12. Ronny

If you don't like the rules then don't play. No-one is asking or forcing you to play!!
  13. Ronny

***THREAD MERGED***
    ***7 TR**HPOSTS DELETED***
  14. dstruct2k

dstruct2k New Member

Ok, one quick thing to point out: Most of the people agreeing with the rule on here have only 5 posts! There should be a rule that if you don't make at least one (1) post every 2 weeks or even every month, that your account goes into a "disbled" state, where you have to post another 10 posts before your download priviliges are restored. This would sure keep the "5 post wonders" from downloading MIDIs that we all have worked had to make (or even find) for the rest of the community. I like the 5 post idea, but I think it should go a little farther than it does right now.
    Just my 2ยข worth...
  15. Icecream

Icecream New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new at this and read about the 5 post rule in the introduction. I saw this topic and read the discussion about the 5 post rule. I think when you be a member of this forum you have to discuss with other people and trying to help eachother and don't be egoistic by only downloading the some midi-files.
    So I promise I'll try to be a active member of this forum.

See you soon at the forum.
  16. c.j.grant

c.j.grant New Member

5 Post Rule

I'm new to this forum.

When I first entered I wasn't too keen on the 5 post rule, but I thought I would give it a try and look through the posts to see if I could help in any way.

I was very excited when I saw the wealth of material throughout the forum.

I think it's great that you have this rule becuase it allows people to see what the forum holds when looking for information they want.

Being a professinal musician I find the wealth of infromation here very helpful.

Look forward to lots more posting soon.
  17. mab

mab New Member

Why not make it a 10 post rule as somebody else suggested maybe im new but already i can see the advantages of this site for getting to know real peoples feelings on all aspects music i am really enjoying reading all these forums.............Happy typing
  18. c.j.grant

c.j.grant New Member

10 Posts

Wouldn't bother me - it's worth it.
  19. Junmar

Junmar New Member

hi, i have questions is this 5 post rule is new here? also how to attach file in my post.
  20. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

Happy to follow the rules. I had an opportunity to read alot of informational posts as I'm new to town folks. I want to be able to program myself but most manuals are so overwhelming I think I'll go step-by step with you guys. thanks for a great site