Yippee for the 5 post rule!

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by supastar, Aug 30, 2002.

1. warrenaxe

warrenaxe New Member

Good Idea

I think the 5 post rule is a great idea. As I'm releatively new, could someone tell me what is MB cash? How does this work?
  2. silvertalon42

silvertalon42 New Member

I believe the rule is also a good one, but what is keeping people from just agreeing to someones posted questions as one of their five?
  3. mope

mope New Member

it is a good idea, will stop people leeching :) and not participating in community
  4. Lotto

Lotto New Member

it's great
  5. Useless

Useless New Member

I have never come across a 5 post rule before. But I think it is a good idea. It's made me check out some threads which have been quite interesting and useful.
  6. song demon

song demon New Member

Yeah.... gotta agree with the majority on this one..... it is a good rule!
    I'm only now getting back into MIDI stuff... i an't had much to do with it since the old, distant days of the amiga, and, from what i've seen of the communitty you have here, it's crammed with useful info and files!
    The only downside to it all is that it takes forever going through it all...... there's just so much you can read and learn on here that you could go monthes without posting!
    Plus, maybe for some of us newer people to it all, it can be a little daunting.... i for one don't have much knowledge to hand out to everyone, and if i wanna know the answer to some query i have, i can usual find it cos someone else has asked the same thing before! That ain't a moan, at all..... the boards great and i'll contribute whatever i can!! :)
  7. DonCorleone

DonCorleone New Member

Seems fair enough
  8. serling

serling New Member

the idea is brilliant. it keeps things interactive and the leeches scraped off.
  9. ssangel

ssangel New Member

I TOTALLY agree with the 5 post idea !! I'm a newbie and still trying to figure this whole thing out but I can't wait until I can download midis ^^
  10. GRKGDES21

GRKGDES21 New Member

IT'S DEFINETELY NOT ASKING FOR MUCH TO GET ALL THE OTHER BENEFITS.
  11. Keyana

Keyana New Member

People complain so much about the five post rule, but if you are truly worried about knowing and navigating the site, you will be able to "EASILY" make good post in reply to others or of your own! Take in the rules, follow them, and then chastise others for having to do it, in the end! LOL! I mean, I am in good spirits cause this is my 5th post.:assskake:
  12. mugatea

mugatea New Member

It does have it's draw backs though. It's hard to think of things to say when under pressure to do so. Well for me anyway. I can understand why its been administered.
  13. Manni

Manni New Member

Agreed good idea, but i'm sure i've been in more tha five topics and still no joy!
  14. ayo4yao

ayo4yao New Member

I agree

i totally agree witht he 5 post rule props (post #2) lol
  15. jon-paul

jon-paul New Member

Well lets put it this way how much can you learn from this site? lots and lots and lots. I have enjoyed going through the threads and posting replies to peoples question. I must admit i havent had much time to go on here and since the first day ive only been on once but ive already posted over 50 and intend to hit the 100 mark by the end of the week so keep um coming guys the more questions and post the better.

Cheers JP
  16. TheUnlukyOne

TheUnlukyOne New Member

Good Idea

I too think that the 5 post rule is a good idea. This forum is supposed to be more about the community values, not just the midi's.
  17. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

I posted 5 times on my first night because I was searching for a specific midi file ( which I still haven't found yet) CHEAP SUNGLASSES ZZ TOP, but I'm hooked on midibuddy when I needed advice for hooking up my sequencer, how to sequence, hooking up with like minded ppl. receiving & spending my MB cash, getting a glow name.....See it's all downhill from here lol
    I want one of those action icon's. I want to be able to make my own.
  18. sommershine

sommershine New Member

lol..I thought it sucked at first

I am new here, and at first I thought the whole 5 post rule sucked cause all I wanted to do was download a song, but as I have been going along trying to find places to post I have actually learnt quite a few things along the way which have been really helpful!
  19. MrOrange2001

MrOrange2001 New Member

its a great idea to stop people taking advantage of midi exchange. top notch idea!
  20. Cantante

Cantante New Member

I agree that the rule should be extended if you don't post frequently. Getting up to 5 posts is no problem but if you then 'go dead' you should be penalised. I only joined today and I am really thankful I found the site. I have answered three things that have been bugging me already just by reading through other peoples posts.
    I am a very novice sequencer and I think this site will be invaluable to me.
    And yes I will keep posting after my 5 initial posts!!!!!!!

C.