Young Gunz

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by TizOnly1, Dec 22, 2003.

1. TizOnly1

TizOnly1 New Member

OK, so Jay-Z's retiring and what-not, so the ROC has to have somebody step up. Along with Kanye, the Gunnaz are the next up. Personally, I think Young Chris is one of the best rappers out right now (he annihilated the State Prop album), and it's my bet that the Young Gunz are gonna hit it big.

Anyone else feeling the Gunnaz (or not)?
  2. Komplex

Komplex New Member

M.O.P. and Beans are the best artists on the ROC and they'll move units if they promote them right.

Young Gunz are alright but the single they were promoting "Can't Stop Won't Stop" was one of the worst songs of the year.

The Roc needs to drop some of their garbage artists like Peedi Crack cause he ruins every track he's on...

Peace
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2003
  3. TizOnly1

TizOnly1 New Member

Yeah, Can't Stop Won't Stop is weak, but I still think Chris is crazy. Neef is OK.

MOP won't sell. They never really have, and never really will. I'm really looking forward to their next CD though. Lots of Primo. Plus MOP would sound great on some particularly powerful Just Blaze production.

Beans isn't a definite right now, with his legal problems (hell, the Young Gunz are the only ones in State Prop without legal issues right now).

I like Peedi. He may not be too good lyrically, but he has a lot of energy, and I like his voice.
  4. davedresden

davedresden New Member

I agree... the Jay Z remix didn't help either...
  5. bigju4_eva

bigju4_eva New Member

Yeah Chris is crazy and Kanye is fire but ain't nobody on the Roc gonna be able to replace Jay-z. Roc wouldnt be nothin without Jay and everybody else on the roc is just known as "one of Jay-Z's boys." The Roc is over once Jay leaves (if Jay is really leaving).
  6. bigju4_eva

bigju4_eva New Member

Don't get me wrong through. Kanye is FIRE!!!!!
  7. TizOnly1

TizOnly1 New Member

52 posts in one day?

I think Jay can be replaced in some sense. He doesn't sell as many records as people seem to think he does. He pushes like 2.5 per album. That's a lot, but it's nothing that can't be made up for with a few other acts. Plus advertising on Kanye, Young Gunz, Bleek and everybody else total will probably only add up to Jay's personal advertising budget. As long as these guys can go gold, the ROC will be just fine.
  8. bigju4_eva

bigju4_eva New Member

Dawg

First of all by now Jay doesn't need to advertise. All he has to do is say that he has a new album out, drop a video, and show up on 106 & Park and MTV and that's it. The other ROC cats gotta make a name for themselves and get mad guest appearences and stuff in order to get the same buzz as Jay.

Secondly, Jay may only officially sell 2.5, but think of how many people actually obtain his albums, legally and illegally. The man can't cough into a mic without somebody bootleggin it. To be honest, I'm surprised he's even makin 2.5. True, the other cats probably aren't goin to be bootlegged as hard, but they ain't gonna get 2.5 consistently enough to make up for the loss of Jay.

Lastly, 52 posts ain't nothin when you got ringers to get dawg

HOLLA
  9. bigju4_eva

bigju4_eva New Member

Kanye on the other hand is FIRE

He can probably make up for the loss of Jay on just production alone, let alone the albums.
  10. TizOnly1

TizOnly1 New Member

Have you heard the Kanye album yet? It's way too good.
  11. bigju4_eva

bigju4_eva New Member

I aint sayin that his albums aint good, I'm just sayin that he's a much better producer.
  12. davedresden

davedresden New Member

ahh.. producing.. the underrated art.

No matter how good of a producer you are, it's my conjecture that general public doesn't really care. It's easier to be a singer that doesn't produce than a producer that doesn't sing..
  13. TizOnly1

TizOnly1 New Member

Ah, but the beauty of being a producer is that it doesn't matter if the general public cares or not. Producers get paid up front. Nobody else in the business gets paid up front. Producers get paid whether people like your stuff or not. Of course, if nobody's buying your stuff, it might be harder to sell your beats, but as long as some artist likes your production, it makes no difference if the general public even knows who you are.
  14. davedresden

davedresden New Member

so it's a choice between fame and money...

i'll take the latter XD
  15. Ghost13

Ghost13 New Member

Wasnt really his album. Just a preview. Sow Jamz is gonna be on Twista's album. But it was dope. Jesus Walks is one of his best tracks.

And about the ROC. Beans & Bleek been in the game for so long but they're okay at most. Young Gunz cant rap. But, I have to admit, that Young Chris Mixtape was dope. MOP will never sell. Twista is good, but he cant sell anything. Kanye, the most respected producer in the game...most likely, he wont sell. ODB...his name explains it. And IMO Jay-Z had what...3 good albums and thats it.

The ROC has some talent (Twista, Kanye, Bleek...but he'll never have a good album, Young Chris) but they cant sell.

Truth is. G-Unit & Shady/Aftermath will dominate with all this 50 & Em hype. And they are the best label right now. Dre, Em, 50, Banks, Obie, Game, Stat and Yayo once he gets out.

But...Good Luck to the ROC. They will not find another close to Jay.
  16. Komplex

Komplex New Member

I think M.O.P. can move units their last album went gold and Ante Up was a hit single for awhile. They just need the right kind of promotion. Thats just my opinion though.
  17. TizOnly1

TizOnly1 New Member

Yayo is suposed to be out now (but then again he was supposed to be out in March, and in August...). And Yayo's not that nice.

I do agree that Shady/Aftermath is pretty damn stacked right now. Just Em, Banks, and Game obliterate almost any other label.
  18. bigju4_eva

bigju4_eva New Member

Shady/Aftermath is probably gonna be doin da thing. Em alone has the ability to push just as many sales as Jay. Then you add in 50 and Banks and its over. I think Kanye is a better producer than Dre though, no disrespect to Dre, but Kanye's comin with fire right now and Dre really isn't hittin as hard as he used to.

As for the ROC, I think they've had their time and its comin to an end. In five years, I think whatever talent they had will either go to another label or just fall off completely.
  19. matchuus

matchuus New Member

nah! young gunz r boring!