Your Midi files??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by willi001, Aug 2, 2002.

1. willi001

willi001 New Member

I was wondering what everyone was using their Midi files for??? I use mine for my band ... We edit the songs and add a click track for the drummer. We pan the click left and everything else right. Our Drummer wears headphones and listens to the click, and we play to him as usual..The rest of the sequence comes out the fronts...So, what is everyone else doing with them????
    Willi...
  2. sarahwaight

sarahwaight New Member

hey i use my midi file as backing. i just also edit out a few thing like melody. then turn it to a wav then place it on cd. if you are going to do that reconmen cubas or cubus can't remeber the spelling any way that what i do
  3. §ereña

§ereña **The Original Sin**

just listening to them, they're a lhell of a lot quicker to download than mp3's.

Also for bkgd music on webpages, powerpoint, etc...

:):):)
  4. willi001

willi001 New Member

Midi files

I also use cubase for editing. I load everything into a Korg Trinity and finish the editing there. I find them fun to work on and have lots of songs done,,,Even ones the band doesn't use. So, if anyone else has a Trinity or Triton, maybe we can exchange some completed .SNG files????
    Willi...
  5. hkvitac

hkvitac New Member

I use them for ringtones, yeah.

Anyway, if you have any midi with the main note track, I can convert it into ringtone for almost every brand of phone for free, just drop me a line via PM~
  6. MavDude

MavDude New Member

Mostly for creating a printable version so i can *try* to play the songs on my piano.:)
  7. macxxx

macxxx New Member

I use them for my band cause i'm too lazy to figure the songs out on myself.

------------------------
    !-> Let's rock <!-
    !-> macxxx <!-
  8. willi001

willi001 New Member

lazy??!!

Lazy!!! I wouldn't call using midi files as being lazy...Look at the work that you have to do even to play a midi file...There is lots of editing and then practicing with it to play in time...I also think that in todays market, unless your out there with a 10 piece band, you need every advantage you can get...You can guarantee that the other bands are gonna be sequencing eventually, so I don't think it's laziness as much as easyness!!What's wrong with that?
    Willi...
  9. gotmilk2099

gotmilk2099 New Member

listening and for my website background music & stuff!
  10. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

I use my midi files as a drummer and bass player. You don't have to pay them much, they never argue and never miss a single note.
  11. cgkb

cgkb New Member

what do we use it for

We're new to this - but need the midi files for figure skating routines. At most competitions no lyrics are allowed and it's been hard to get the most recent songs. A friend suggested we try this!
  12. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

I use midi files for backing, I'm a solo entertainer. i also program the files myself, and have been told I'm pretty good at it. I see a lot of people asking for files on this forum, but I've only just joined and am still working it out. Anyone who can let me know how to make the files I have done available please let me know
  13. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

I use them for studio backing (bass and drums mostly) for demos.
  14. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

I use mine for my duo......

i used to sequence alot of my own stuff (pre internet and Pre GM Keyboard) but these days....why reinvent the wheel?
    Sure I have to spend a Bit of time doing some work on some of them but it sxure beats the 4-5+ hours that i used to spend sequencing from scratch

Dave
  15. alant

alant New Member

I have just started to download midi's to use in a SKA/Modern POP duo. I have a lead guitarist, and myself on keyboards and vocals. I need all the help I can get cause both my keyboard and vocal skills require MAJOR WORK!
    I'm looking to edit out guitar pieces and hopefully play one instrument on keyboards. My current keyboard is a Roland V5 and having read the manual I remain both confused but enthusiastic.

WATCH THIS SPACE!:(
  16. kleinbergh

kleinbergh New Member

I've just started to use midi to create the music for the lyrics I write. I'm still learning the whole sequencing thing, but love that I can play a line in, add stuff, take things away and so on. Also really like that midi is so small, coz I can just start recording and play, and if I happen to play something cool 10 minutes down the line it's all nice and saved and I can hear it again. (Otherwise I'd never remember it). And ofcourse - getting sheetmusic is a breeze!
  17. caruthers

caruthers New Member

I use them for bass lines for my band.
  18. 7679Member

7679Member New Member

I'm a music teacher, and I use them for backing for my school choir (sometimes). It means that a) I can print them and play the piano for some rehearsals, and b) that I can transpose them into a key that the kids can sing.

Also, songs are often on midi before you can buy the sheetmusic - and it's cheaper too!
  19. DaveLovesBand

DaveLovesBand New Member

i turn them into sheet music and play them
  20. micke2020s

micke2020s New Member

Mostly for creating a printable version so i can *try* to play the songs on my guitar.
    :boink: